Klaus ↭ [4]

Birthday With
the Enemy

Imagine It's your birthday and you're all alone. Klaus makes an appearance on your doorstep to wish you a good night with flowers in hand and cookies, he's the enemy so you're nervous and you're afraid to invite him in, once you do, he shows you how he really feels about you.

WORD COUNT: 2,724

Your fingers tapped your thigh, trying not to cry on your birthday. Your friends Bonnie and Caroline had stopped over, willing to give you a birthday party but you rejected it, not wanting to be the center of attention. They respected your decision and hung out with you all morning, leaving because of other issues. Damon and Stefan called to wish you a good day and you almost wished Elena called. But she spent most of her time with Damon and even her boyfriend made room to call. Find out who your friends are, right?

Maybe having a party wouldn't have been so bad. Being the center of attention was much better than being all alone. You treated yourself to a smoothie and bought yourself a lunch and sat all alone in the diner at your own table. Bonnie probably would have stayed but she was having difficulties in her life and the fact she made room to focus on you for a few hours meant so much, and you had to let her leave to manage her life.

The doorbell rung, making you turn the T.V. down and heading for the door. You had decided to wear your pajamas and relax after you got home from lunch, also finding out your parents were on a cruise. That was the most depressing part. You sighed and brushed a few strands of hair away from your face and opened the door, seeing the enemy with flowers and cookies in his hands with a rat like smirk on his face. Despite the nice gesture to you, you wanted to slam the door in his face. Your hand instinctively started shutting the door and he noticed, stepping forward before the door frame he was unable to pass.

"Hold on, Love." He laughed, not hurt by the rude gesture you returned. His voice gave you the chills, his accent catching your attention most. He was the enemy. Damon had told you to stay away from him and you were going to do just that. But you had to at least hear him out first, knowing he still intrigued you.
"Why are you here, Klaus?" You folded your arms over your chest, realizing you hadn't had a bra on. Klaus chuckled and handed you the flowers, you taking them gently and the box of cookies from him. It made you blush a little, not feeling so alone anymore but you were nervous, not able to trust him.

Klaus leaned against the frame of the door with his legs crossed and hands in his pockets. "A little birdy tells me it's your birthday and you are alone."
You let out a sigh through your nose and nodded, smelling the colorful flowers. "Well thank you-"
"It would be my pleasure to wish you nothing more than a Happy Birthday. Another happy and healthy year of living, isn't that grand?" He smiled but he put you on edge. You shifted uncomfortably from foot to foot.
"Thank you." He looked down at his feet and then back up to you. "I'm gonna-" You started closing the door but he cut you off.

"You're welcome Darling. Is there anything else I could do for you?" Why was he being so polite? Last you checked he wanted to kill all of your friends. He noticed your hesitance to respond and sighed. "I did not come here to harm you, Love."
"How do I know I can believe you?" You narrowed your eyes at him, curious at what he really wanted. "Are you going to manipulate me and get answers for your family about my friends?" Klaus rolled his eyes, jaw clenching in annoyance and you started backing away but he noticed and put on a smile.

"If I were to do that, I would have compelled my way into your mortal life."
You huffed, still feeling uneasy. "How do I know you didn't-"
"Word gets around this small town, Love. I fancy you and your friends notice. But they have you caged and I can not talk to you without them." Your eyes widened, feeling like you were being tricked. "I am being as honest as I can, Y/N. If you wish to deny me, so be it." He moved his hands from his pockets. "I may not be the noble Elijah, but I could be very honest if need be."
"What do you want from me?" You clenched your teeth, scared for your life. He couldn't be trusted as far as you could throw him.