when you lie to me

Luke unexpectedly called me at about one in the afternoon on Skype, making my insides churn.

I quickly praised God that I had decided to do my makeup nicely, due to boredom, before answering the call, "Hey, what's up?"

"I finished the song, do you wanna hear it?"

"Yeah."

He went to grab his guitar and sat down, "Okay I'm not sure if this will sound good, so don't laugh at me."

I nodded my head and he began to sing, he was looking down at the floor while strumming his guitar and he sang so passionately.

"I want to feel your love like the weather, all over me, all over me,"

His singing was so beautiful and I couldn't stop smiling, I sort of felt like the song was written about me, some of the lyrics just made sense and related to us.

"So talk, talk, talk, well tell me what I want, want, want, if I don't look into your eyes, it's almost like a perfect line, so don't stop, stop, stop, we'll take another shot, shot, shot, cause you know you got perfect aim, I wanna feel you in my veins,"

I listened closely to the lyrics, thinking if the song really was written about me.

"You sound so sweet, when you lie to me, make you sound so sweet, when you lie to me,"

Once he had finished singing, he put down his guitar and looked at me, trying to read the expression on my face.

"Did you like it? Did i suck?"

"You were great, now, who's that song written about?"