Batman

This chapter is dedicated to SnappleApple450Fan3 :) Follow her, she has amazing Twilight fan fictions and one-shots.

***Edward's POV***

Damn that Robin.

She's such a geek and yet she's... Beautiful, amazing. No, she's a bitch, I hate her! And now I'm describing Rosalie Hale...

What is going on with my head?! No one likes her except that Alice Brandon and Jasper, who I will never be friends with again.

Well... Maybe if I'm friends with him I could be friends with Robin.

No! I don't want to be friends with her! I don't want contact with her! Besides, it's not like I need a girlfriend; I have Tanya, and if we broke up Jane and Rosalie are desperate for me.

But why isn't Robin desperate for me?! And why am I still calling her Robin? Her name is Bella...

Her name fits her perfectly, as Bella means beautiful. She is so beautiful. Her hair is long and soft and frames her face flawlessly, you could easily lose yourself in the chocolate brown pools of her eyes. I'm not sure why I'm horrible to her... I mean, she's done nothing to me. Well, she has, but only in self-defense to everything that I do to her.

I love her yet I hate her.

Ugh, what is wrong with me?!

I love Tanya.

I hate Robin.

I love Tanya.

I hate Robin.

I love Bella.

I hate Tanya.

Woah, where did that come from?! I do not hate Tanya! I do not love Bella!

Oh who am I kidding, I love Bella Swan! I love her beauty, grace and kindness, even if she isn't kind to me. She is grateful for everything she has.. Even with her pay check being cut 70% she is still grateful that she has a job at all.

She's such an optimist.

Beautiful Bella... Why aren't you mine?

"Edward?" I hear someone shout, grabbing my attention. I look up to see the whole office staring at me. Oops, I must have been too immersed in my thoughts to realise someone was talking to me. Across the room I spot Bella gazing at me with concern, but then moment my eyes catch hers she looks down, a deep red blush crossing her cheeks.

So beautiful...

Before I can get too lost in my 'Bella world' again I look up to that Jane was the one to shout my name, "Yes?" I ask warily.

Jane sighs, staring deep into my eyes, lust filling hers.

Ew.

"I was just saying..." She replies in what I suppose is a seductive voice.

Again. Ew.

"Your dad called. He would like to talk to you later," Jane finishes.

For a moment I'm perplexed as to why Jane has been taking my calls; then I remember that she's my secretary. Oh.

"Thanks," I reply, watching as her eyes fill with desire before she walks away, still staring at me.

I'm going to have to fire her.

After work I walk down to my father's work at the hospital. He is a highly respected surgeon, but has only just gone back to work, much like my brother Emmett and myself.

You see, our mother, Esme, commited suicide.

She was meant to have another child, which she miscarried at four months pregnant. It broke her heart, and she began to feel hopeless, not that any of us realised. We should have been there for her but we weren't, and I guess that's what drove her to the cliff.

"Hello, dad," I say quietly as I stride into his office. He is just as heartbroken as the day her body was found. Emmett and I don't have a doubt in our minds that our parents were soul mates.

"Hey Edward, how are you?" Carlisle smiles at me as I take a seat in front of him.

Ah, this is why he wanted me. Every few weeks or so, our father asks either Emmett or myself (or both of us) to come and talk to him. We gladly agree, worried that if we refuse he might go down the same fall as Esme in an attempt to be with her again. Besides, sometimes its nice to know our father is there for us.

"Terrible," I huff, blowing my bronze hair out my eyes. Carlisle chuckles, but still looks concerned. He is a true father, even if we in our twenties.

"Girl trouble?" Carlisle jokes. He has never been more right.

"You have no idea," I sigh glancing at him. My father smiles warmly, urging me to continue. "Well, you know I love Tanya. But there's this other girl at work..." I trail off, unsure how to continue.

"Rosalie?" He guesses, and I shake my head. "Jane?" I wince in disgust. "I'll take that as a no... Alice..?" He sounds confused as he says her name. Carlisle's only heard her name a couple of times, but I know I've told him about Robin. My father just stays silent, looking confused.

Because he's only heard of my hatred for Robin.

"I love Bella," I mutter, sounding like a five year old saying, 'I want ice cream.'

Carlisle cracks a smile, "You mean the girl who calls you Batman?" He asks. I nod. "Why?"

"Exactly!" I moan, throwing myself back into my seat. "I love Tanya! But why do I love Bella?"

Carlisle's eyes sparkled with a familiar reverence at the mention of love. "Explain how you feel around Bella," He demands.

I think about it, but it doesn't take me long to respond, "She makes me feel complete, even when she's making snarky comments, I just want to be around her all the time. And when we're apart, it hurts."

And it does, like someome is squeezing my heart to the point of pain. It hurts to know she's going home to an apartment she can barely afford, and then going to a job she can't afford to lose.

I just want to hold her in my arms and tell her everything will be okay.

Carlisle smiles a knowing smile at me, "Son, it seems you feel exactly how I feel... felt about your mother about Bella," He informs me.

"What's that supposed to mean?" I almost growl, growing annoyed at his vagueness.

He just smiles that smile again and shakes his head at my impatience. "It means you're in love."