Pressing Charges

***Edward's POV***

Not pressing charges my ass. Does Bella even know who her father is?! For God sake he's the chief of police! Emmett's still in custody!

If Bella doesn't press charges, then I will.

"Oh hey Edward!" Jasper calls from his desk across the room. He walks up to me slowly. "Can I speak to you?" He asks quietly.

"Sure," I reply, standing from my desk and following Jasper out the office.

"Bella's coming back to work tomorrow," Jasper begins. "I want you to talk to her."

"Why me?" I whine, and the corners of Jasper's mouth twitch.

"Because," Jasper replies, "The only reason she isn't pressing charges is because she wants to get on with you one day. She thinks that if she sends your brother down then you will hate her for eternity."

"That's ridiculous!" I almost yell. "Of course I won't hate her! What makes her think I would?" I add, and Jasper gives me an incredulous look. "Oh, yeah..." I grin sheepishly, "The whole, 'hating each other's guts' thing."

Jasper smirks and shakes his head. "Just talk to her, please?"

"Sure," I reply, walking back into the office.

The next day at work Bella is already sitting at her desk when I arrive. Out of the corner of my eye I see Jasper give me a nod, telling me to talk to her.

"Hey, ummm, Bella?" I ask nervously as I approach her desk. "Could I talk to you?"

She looks up, startled at the use of her real name. "Ummm, sure." She gets up and follows me to the corridor just outside the office. I sigh as I see the stitches holding together the gash Emmett made on her forehead.

"How come you aren't pressing charges against Emmett?" I cross my arms, and add, "I would." When she stays silent.

"Because you would hate me for it," Bella says simply, as if it's obvious.

"I wouldn't," I reply truthfully.

"You would."

"I wouldn't."

"You would!"

"I wouldn't!" I reply just as fiercely.

Bella groans. "Look, Batman, I'm not pressing charges."

I grit my teeth, "Look, Robin, I'm asking you to press charges."

Her mouth falls open. "Why?!"

"Because," I almost growl, "I hate what he has done to you. As much as I might hate you, I would never hurt you like that."

I wince when I tell her I hate her. Its hard to lie to her.

Bella sighs, and pouts slightly. It might be the most adorable thing I've ever seen. "Edward..." She breathes. "Just drop it, I'm not pressing charges."

As she walks back into the office I gape after her. How the Hell am I meant to drop the fact my brother has assaulted her and she doesn't seem phased by it at all?!

Gritting my teeth, I walk back into the office and throw myself onto my desk. Things just keep getting better and better.

Its Wednesday, which means its date night with Tanya. Ugh. I know what it will be, watching a movie at hers in the dark while she tries to seduce me. Now that I think about she's an even bigger slut than Jane or Rosalie, and that's saying something.

"Hey Tanya," I smile as she lets me into her flat, but the smile doesn't reach my eyes as I spot the fact she's only in her underwear.

"Hey Edward," Tanya replies in a husky voice. I swallow in disgust, but by the look on Tanya's face she took the movement as one of lust. Ew.

"Won't you come in?" She asks like a child with ADHD, widening her eyes as she poses against the door in front of me.

"Actually I was hoping to take you out to dinner tonight," I choke out. It's a lie, but I have money and a car so if it puts clothes on her...

Her 'seductive' smile falls as she looks at me. "Fine," She says, disappearing deeper into her flat to put some clothes on.

Thank God she agreed. In a restaurant it will be easier to lock myself in the bathroom and vomit until I've completely suppressed the memory of Tanya in her underwear out my mind.

Ten minutes later she comes out the flat in a mini skirt and belly top. Slut, we're going to Bella Italia not clubbing.

Its only when I pull up at Bella Italia that I realise why I chose I this restaurant. Bella...

If I ever get Bella, I will bring her here. It will be our restaurant. So that's why I pull back out the car park and drive down the road back to Tanya's house. Out the corner of my eye I see her smile as I drive, thinking I'm going back to her house because she's seduced me. Ew no.

She gets out the car when I park outside her flat. "I don't feel like date night," I tell her through the window. She nods, widening her eyes like a diseased hippo, thinking I'm about to do something else with her.

"Okay," She whispers, standing up, waiting for me to exit the car.

I smile at her. "Bye Tanya," I call, just before driving away, leaving my slut of a girlfriend standing gormless in her own drive.