The dead can't dream

He slowly opened his grey dulled blue eyes. His hair fell over one as he winced and sat up. Looking down at his hand he let himself regain thought for a few seconds. Pushing himself up off the ground he sat crossed legged thinking.

Everything just seemed. Blank.

He looked around in a dizzy daze as he tried to gather his thoughts together. He remembered pain, he remembered what it felt like and what it meant to him. He remembered the coursing pain he felt through his body. Looking down he realised it was all gone. the pain was just a mere memory from however long ago.

Biting his lip as he used to he stood up. As he stood up the world around him seemed to almost react. The once blank and colourless landscape now dimmed and burst into a vibrant coloured life.

The deep crimson red of the carpeted floor seemed familiar. The royal blue of the surrounding walls, the silver of the machine on each and every stand.

The frames holding a memory lost long ago.

The black and white faces crossed out and staring right at him.

Pausing he reached a hand out as if he was trying to grab for them.

"Don't... it only hurts more if you do"

Turning around to face the person he paused.

It was all to familiar.

Their short brown hair, their dull eyes and their smile were all too familiar.

"Hey...everyone's waiting for you" said Iris smiling weakly "were all here"

Theo shoulders started to shake as he ran over to Iris and hugged her. He wanted to ask so many things, to say so much stuff, but all he was able to say was.

"where's Genevieve?"

Iris smiled slightly as she said "Lyons getting her"

The trial room slowly vanished as the blank filled once more.

But it wasn't blank.

Thirteen other figures (not including Theo and Iris) stood smiling widely with tears pouring down their face.

The voice of the first victim rung through the hollow land as it cracked slightly from his crying "Hey! Quit making me wait so long..."

Theo froze before he smiled broadly, tears streamed down his face as he ran over to the red haired female that he had called for.

"We're all dead right" he mumbled as he hugged her and buried his head into her shoulder "because I don't want to wake up and for this to all be a dream"

Genevieve burst into tears as she grabbed him by the arm "no...it's not a dream..."

---

The tears that fell as chatter enveloped the area.

The silvery sound of welcomes and laughter made their way to the figures ears.

He sighed and sat watching everyone laugh.

Smiling adorkably he watched from far off, not wanting to make contact with any of them and ruin their moment.

A hand appeared on his shoulder as he tilted his head to the side.

"I didn't want you to see that" he said almost coldly to the figure.

The figure smiled and sat down beside him and said calmly "I didn't want you to see me kill Iris either..."

She smiled and said happily "hello Akio"

---

Darkness engulfed Theo as he woke with a jolt.

He looked around hoping to see everyone else like he had in his dream.

Silence.

Lowering his head he let himself vanish into the shadows.

And simply became.

Nothing.

(OK I'm waiting for the rage in the comments...yes that happy scene was all a dream so I'm a terrible person...Iris never saw Lyon again, Genevieve and Theo never said goodbye and Green never said that to Akio...I KNOW IM A TERRIBLE PERSON....)