Chapter 22: The Beast With No Head

[Jack's POV]

The creature I was up against had no head. It had wings, the size an angel would have. It had what seemed to be a horse's body, and had horns where the front of the monster appeared to be. It seemed as though the skin of the beast was rough; it looked like it could hurt you if you even laid a finger on it. It had what seemed to be a blowhole, like one you would see on a dolphin or whale. I didn't know how this beast was created, but whoever made it was insane.

The beast charged right at me. I panicked, and barely dodged the thing at the very last second. I backed up, as the creature charged once again. I used my shield, and the creature's horns were stopped right in their tracks. I swiped my shield to the side, so the monster would be off-balanced, and I struck it with my sword. It slightly cut the creature's skin, as I heard a roar of pain. The sound emitted sounded like a lion's roar.

The creature took flight, and I watched in awe, until the creature started to spew fireballs at me. I held up my shield, and it deflected the fireballs back at the monster. It dodged the fireballs, and kept on shooting them. I kept deflecting, until one of the fireballs hit me right in the chest. The impact of the fireball launched me across the stadium. The fireball had pierced my shirt as well, burning through the cloth. It left a hole in my shirt, and I felt the mark it left on my chest. The impact of the fall wasn't helping either. I yelped in pain, not knowing if I was going to make it.

I slowly picked myself up, as the creature set itself onto the ground again. It made its final charge, and at the last moment, I swept to the side, and hit it solidly, sending it into the wall. I stood there, as I realized the monster was motionless. I go up to the monster, and started to slice it open, looking for the note. I reach inside the gut of the monster, and found the note, all bloody. I got up, and started to go back to my car. But I then noticed a figure in the stands of the arena.

"Hey! You there!" I yelled. The figure made a break for the door, and ran out.
"Wait!" I ran out the door they ran out of, and followed their trail.