Chapter 7: Echo- I mean... Jordan- I mean...

Kevon's POV

"Where are Echo and Remi?"

"They left this morning to walk to the store."

"This morning? Why aren't they back yet?"

"I don't know. Don't be worried, dude. Remi will be fine if Echo is with her."

Josh was probably right. Echo wouldn't let any harm come to Remi. Well, except when he mule-kicked her in the ribs and almost killed her. That' was on different circumstances. I decided to call Remi, and check on them. After all, they left this morning and it's now after noon. I rolled my eyes at her movie trailer voice that hummed from the phone. "One phone call. No answer. Remi Morris. Is. *woosh* Unavailable."  After releasing what felt like the worlds most depressed sigh I decided to go and look for them. Josh nodded his head at me signaling his approval, (as if I needed it). I headed out the door and down the street into the direction of the store. As I slowly started to pass Jace's house I peered into the window. I couldn't help but to think he had something to do with Remi and Echo's delayed return. Why? I just didn't like him. It was as plain as that. 

After I debated on just walking up to Jace's door and knocking on it my feet guided me up his driveway. I rung  the doorbell and waited patiently. A small part of me wished that Remi was here, just because if she was I had found her. The door opened.

"Hey, Kevon. Long time no see."

"Jace, cut the cra- Echo? What are you doing here?" I asked him, my jaw unclenched. "And what the hell happened to your nose?"

"Nicholas said I got hit by a car. He fixed me up though. How've you been?"

"What are you talking about? Why are you acting like we haven't seen each other in years? I just saw you last night." I shook my head. "Anyway, where is Remi?"

"What?"

"Where is Remi?"

"No, whoever that is. I don't remember seeing you last night. I haven't seen you in years, man."

"What? What are you talking about. We live together."

"I'm sure I didn't hit my head that hard." he chuckled, but furrowed his eyebrows when he saw I was being serious.

"Hey, Jordan. Dude have you seen where I pu-" Jace walked into the living room and smiled at me. "Well, hey there Kevon. Long time no-"

Jace/Nicholas's POV

Next thing I knew Kevon had a firm grip on the neck of my freshly ironed POLO shirt.

"What are you playing at, Ivory?" his potent breath filled my nostrils. Echo took in the scene.

"Where's, Remi!?" he roared.

"Dude, what the hell are you talking about?" I said while my eyes searched into his. I tried to calm him. I controlled emotions, and since eyes were a passage way to the soul that's where I worked my magic. Kevon knew this and closed his eyes.

"Don't try to charm me, pig." he snarled. "What have you done to Echo?"

"Nothing." I responded casually. I hadn't done anything to Echo. Frannie did all of the work.

"Why doesn't he remember anything- that he lives with us?" he said forcefully through gritted teeth.

"I don't live with-" Echo started.

"He doesn't know who Remi is!" he screamed.

"Who is-" Echo tried again.

"What have you done?" he breathed. "Echo was with Remi this morning and now she's missing!"

Kevon's POV

Jace's eyes widened. "Remi is missing?" he asked so sincerely that I relaxed a little before I yelled at him some more.

"Yes! She's gone and the last person who was with her is in this room! It's very inconvenient that he doesn't remember her at all!"

Jace ran his fingers through his greasy, unkempt hair. "I think she was kidnapped."

There was practically stream pouring from my ears. "What do you mean?"

"Well," Jace started talking really fast, " When Francesca found Echo this morning she'd seen a car speeding down the street. Echo was on the ground near the street and he was in a puddle of blood."

I nodded slowly and waited for him to continue.

"She assumed that it was a hit-N-run... and you know that can be very traumatizing for a person. So, she erased that past hour of his memory and walked him to my house." he finished.

"Francesca has that ability?"

"Yeah."

"Well if that's the truth then why doesn't he remember that he lives with me!? Why doesn't he know Remi?!" I was yelling now.

"I-I I don't know."

"Don't fucking lie to me!" I growled and for a split second my eyes poured furiously into his now green eyes. He didn't waste any time on using his ability to calm me down. My body released its tension and my rapid heart beat slowed. He was calming me.

"There ya go, Kev."

"Stop it. Let me be angry and pound your face into the pavement." I said sweetly.

"Yeah, how about 'no'" he smiled.

I forcefully sighed. "Just tell me why."

"I don't know why, Kevon! Maybe Frannie messed up when she erased his memory." he said.

His eyes turned back to their normal icy blue- releasing me from his power. I signed again, naturally this time.

"Can Echo get his memory back?" my question was directed to Jace, but my eyes meet Echo's. When Jace didn't answer I turned to face him. "Can Francesca give him his memory back!?"

Jace stared at me, then at Echo, then back at me. "I don't think so. I don't think I've ever heard of Frannie returning someone's memory."

"You don't think-" I began.

"She can't. It's not that she doesn't know how. She's physical incapable of it." he declared finally.

I looked at Echo again. He was turning red and humming a song. "Echo, how are you taking all of th-"

Before I could finish my question he stormed out of the door and up the street. I hastily followed after him. "Echo!" I beckoned. He stopped abruptly and turned sharply to face me. "Stop calling me that. That is not a real name! My name is Jordan."

I nodded, and he said nothing else. We just stood there staring at each other. Soon Jace caught up with us and we were all standing there staring at each other. This was when I knew that this was going to be an eventful couple of weeks.