Ch. I

|(y/n)'s POV|

The Trancy manor. That's where I was headed. I saw it draw closer and closer as I ran faster towards it. I'm not one with much money so I couldn't afford a carriage. I arrived at the entrance and almost immediately, the door opened. The Trancy butler, Claude, stood at the entrance and bowed. "Welcome, my lady." He greeted, letting me in. I walked in and ran straight to Alois's study. I knew he would be there. I burst in and saw Alois. He had a smile when he saw me. "Alois!" I exclaimed as I tackled him in a hug. He gave a small giggle. "(Y/n). It's good to see you." He said. I hugged him tighter then let go. Claude then came in. "Your highness. My lady. Your afternoon tea." He said, placing down two Chinas and a plate of biscuits. Alois went over to Claude and slapped him. "Next time, knock!" He scolded him. Claude only bowed and left. Alois went back over to the table and sat down. I sat down across from him. "How was your day, Alois? You seem a bit stressed." I asked. He smiled. "It has been a long day. But then you came and now I'm having fun!" He said, getting up, clapping his hands. "Olé!" I giggled. I got up and curtsied to him. "May I have this dance, good sir?" I asked. He bowed and held out his hand. "Of course, my fair lady." He said. I took his hand and we both danced around the room together. At the end, he dipped me and then twirled around and did his signature move after he placed me on my feet. "Olé!" I smiled softly. Alois smiled brightly then Hannah, the Trancy maid, came in. "Your highness, there is a letter for you." She spoke softly as she held out the letter. Alois snatched the letter up and kicked Hannah out of the room. "Alois, at least be a little kind to Hannah. She's a good maid." I said. Alois gave a frown. "That little spotlight stealer?" He asked. He shook his head and opened up the letter. I saw his icy blue eyes scan the letter then having a slight angered expression. "Is everything ok, Alois?" I asked. Alois crumbled the paper and smiled at me. "Nothing at all. Just a minor problem. I can fix it." He said. I gave a small smile and a nod. "Excuse me, my lady." He said as he left the room. I sat on the desk and looked at my locket around my neck. It was a picture of  Alois, Luka, and me. We all had small smiles. I remember that day. The day that the village was burned to ashes. The day that Luka died and we were captured. The very day that Alois and I were beaten to a bloody pulp. I closed the locket and kicked the chair. "That filthy place. Those distasteful eyes. His perverted grin and frown, and the... the... STUPID PRISON!" I shouted in anger. I exhaled to calm myself then sat back on the desk. "Everything seemed so lost. There wasn't much to hold onto for sanity. Jim wasn't himself and I was so... so... scared." I said. No one was in the room but me. I talk to myself like this often. It's how I calm myself from everything.

|Alois's POV|

I walked back towards my study room when I heard (y/n). "That filthy place. Those distasteful eyes. His perverted grin and frown, and the... the... STUPID PRISON!" She shouted. I was about to open the door but I kept myself even though my hand was inches away from the door handle. "Everything seemed so lost. There wasn't much to hold onto for sanity. Jim wasn't himself and I was so... so... scared." I heard her say. By now, my ear was on the door. I left a moment later towards my bed chamber. "Claude." I called. He came in. "Yes, your highness?" He asked. "Take (y/n) to the guest room and let her sleep there. Make sure no harm is done to her." I commanded. He bowed and left. I got in my bed and drifted to sleep.