Ch. IV

The Viscount Druitt came up the balcony and sat near us. I hated the way he eyed me. A few moments later, the battle began. It was Hannah, the triplets, and Claude against Phantomhive's butler. I turned to Alois. "Phantomhive's butler is called Sebastian." He said. I gave a nod. A while later, everyone stopped fighting. Apparently, it was tea time. The butlers were baking or cooking on a table in the arena. I asked to use the water closet. Alois gave a nod and I headed on my way. I spent a really long time in the water closet only because I needed to clear my mind. Jim changed after becoming earl Trancy. That's not the problem though. The problem is that butler, Claude. Since the first day I met him, I knew something was wrong with him.

|flashback|

"Jim!" I cried, rushing into his study. My smile grew. "You're so brave! I can't believe you did all that." I said. He smiled at me. "(Y/n). Perfect timing. I want you to meet my butler, Claude!" He said. A butler with golden eyes came into my view. He bowed. "Greetings, my lady. I am Claude Faustus." I blinked at him then glared. Claude had no emotion. Jim only frowned a little. "Anyways, (y/n). I have something to tell you." "Yes, Jim?" I asked. "I'm known as Alois Trancy now. Don't call me Jim anymore." He said. I was a little shocked. "But... Jim is your name. Why would you change it to Alois?" I asked. He didn't respond. I sighed then waved my goodbye and left. "Goodbye, Alois." I had a hard time saying 'Alois' so, I spat the name out.

|flashback end|

I heard a metal clashing against metal sound. I rushed towards it and saw that Alois was on top of Ciel with a sword in his hand. Alois thrusted the sword at Ciel but he caught it. He said something to Alois that I couldn't hear then stabbed Alois. My eyes widened as I ran to Alois. "Alois!" When I reached there, I kneeled down on both my knees. "You're gonna be ok." I said. He laid his head on my lap. "It hurts! Please, help me! It hurts!" He said. Not long after, the two butlers rushed in. "Claude! Help me, it hurts!" Alois shouted. Claude only stared at Ciel as Sebastian carried him away. Alois was crying. I tried my best to carry him but he was too heavy for me. "Thompson! Timber! Canterbury!" I shouted. They all came in and were a little shocked. Alois had lost consciousness. "Hurry up and carry Alois to his bedroom. Tell Hannah to bring in bandages and medical supplies." I said. They did as told. I got up and went to Claude. He looked down on me. I clenched my jaw and slapped him as hard as I could. "You useless butler." I said as I walked to Alois's chambers. When I got there, the supplies were on the table and Hannah was there. I pushed her gently aside as I started treating Jim's wound. "You'll be fine, Jim. I promise."