Ch. II

|(y/n)'s POV|

Claude has escorted me to the guest room. I sat on my bed and saw Claude staring at me. "What?" I asked. He shook his head and left. I rolled my eyes. I never liked him. He just appeared out of nowhere one day when Alois took the noble earl position. Suddenly, I heard the door open. "My lady. Your change of clothes." Said the maid, Hannah. I smiled. "Good evening, lady Annafellows." I said, bowing. She looked a bit shocked. "Please. Get up. I am not a lady, I am a maid." She said. I only smiled at her. "To me, you are a lady. How was your day?" I asked. She didn't respond. Hannah placed the nightgown on my dress and bowed then began leaving. I grabbed her hand. "Take care of Alois. Don't ever let him get in harm's way." I said. I released her hand and fell onto my bed. I heard her footsteps leave the room. "IF YOU DARE HURT HIM, I SWEAR I WILL KILL YOU!" I shouted at her. She still didn't respond. Once I knew that she left, I crept out of bed and out the room. I silently walked towards the main entrance. Suddenly, someone grabbed me. "Hey! Let me-" I stopped when I say Thompson. "Thompson?" I quizzed. I looked next to him. "Timber? Canterbury?" They all stared at me. I smiled. "You guys scared me." I said. Thompson whispered to Timber and Timber whispered to Canterbury. The three then all looked at me. "You can talk, you know." I said. They shook their heads. Most people found it slightly disturbing that the three are in sync for a lot of things they do. I find it fascinating. I walked through the doors and motioned my hand for them to follow. They did. I walked to the garden and sat down. Thompson sat in front of me while Timber sat to my left and Canterbury to my right. They whispered to each other then to me. "A story?" I asked. They nodded. "I don't know much. Maybe one. But it's quite long." They sat patiently in response. I smiled. "Alright. Here goes."

~3rd POV~

"a girl lived happily, once. She was like any normal girl. Her outfit is usually a white, free flowing dress and flats. Her hair is blonde and slightly curly. The girl often ran around in the woods. One day, she got lost and it was getting dark. She feared the dark and so, hid in a tree. The girl cried softly. The next day, she found herself all alone. Again. No one wanders too far into the woods so she was doomed to die alone. The girl walked further into the woods. She knew that nothing could be done so there was no point in staying. She walked and walked and walked. Finally, her body gave in. She collapsed to the floor. The girl has walked for four days without eating, drinking, or sleeping. Her body quivered as she lay on the ground. When people were finally brave enough to go in, they found her bones. They took the bones and set them in a case. The next day, the bones were gone and in place of them was a pile of ash. It's said that her soul and spirit was one with the forest and that the trees' leaves that move in the wind was her heart, the water in streams and small ponds were her blood, the animals were her eyes, and the ground was where she dwells."