The Date

I get out of the shower and look at the time, 4:30. Gives me over an hour. I have to so my hair and get dressed. What should I wear? He said dress nice. What's that mean? Like really nice? Or casual nice? Eh. I'm so confused! I'll figure it out after I do my hair and makeup. I guess I'll curl my hair and make it a little nicer. I put my curling iron on and start curling my hair. Ouch. I burnt my hand. It's really bad. I need to hide it. I cover it with a bandage and finish my hair. Now makeup. Ugh. The stress of looking good. Put on some eyeshadow, eyeliner, mascara, and lipstick on to do the trick. Now the hard part. WHAT TO WEAR. I barely have any clothes. Let alone a lot of nice clothes. I have one really nice dress that I think he'll like, but it might be too much. Oh well. Risk it all. My black high-low dress with a sparkly gold sweetheart neckline. I've never worn it before, I just had to get it, it's absolutely exquisite. It's the one.

15 minutes until Luke is supposed to get here. I'm so nervous. Where is he taking me? Is he even going to show up? So many unanswered questions. Shoot. I forgot to tell my mom. Ugh. I walk in the kitchen and see a note

To: Avery

I'm going over to Liz's for a little while tonight. Don't do anything I wouldn't do.

xoxo Mom

She's going to Luke's house. So she'll figure everything out. And the countdown continues to what will happen tonight. I hear the doorbell ring. I bet it's Luke. I'm still not prepared, or not mentally prepared. I run to the door and put my sandals on really quick to make the outfit more casual. I open the door and see a gorgeous guy in a suit and tie standing at my doorstep. It's Luke. He looks perfect. I can't believe I'm actually going on a date with him. He looks surprised too.

LUKE'S POV

She looks astonishing. Perfect. I'm speechless. I've waited so long for this moment. This is actually happening. I'm with Avery. The girl I've loved since I was 10. She's now standing in front of me, 7 years later, and she's mine at this moment. It's a dream. "You look beautiful" I proudly say. She really does. "Thank you. But you, I can't be compared to you. You're so handsome!" Aww. She really thinks that? There's no way. "Oh stahp. Lets get on with that date shall we?" "Yes. But where exactly are we going?" So curious isn't she? Haha. "You'll find out soon. Don't worry." I called a cab and he'll drive us there.

AVERY'S POV

A cab shows up for us and we get in. Luke whispers the location to the driver. Ugh. I'm so eager to know where we're going. I can't wait. But I have to. It's a long drive. Where are we? We're in the middle of nowhere. Do cabs even drive this far out? I guess so. It's a quiet ride there. Small talk. Not anything special.

We finally arrive at the location. We're in the middle of the woods. But I see some lights and follow Luke down the pathway. This boy, he surprises me. "Alright close your eyes" I do as said "WHYYY? I don't want to fall!" I get worried. "Just close your eyes. I've got you. Don't worry. I'm right here." That's all I needed to hear. I feel safe now.

He picks me up and carries me to the place. What is he doing? I'm in a dress! I'll just go along with it. I hear him mumble how he's going to trip over some sticks, but he doesn't. He puts me down after some time. "Okay. Now. OPEN!"

I see twinkling lights everywhere and a picnic setup. DAWWW. It's beautiful. I love it. This is all I want. "Oh Luke. It's perfect." He blushes a little. He's so cute. I can't help but to smile uncontrollably. "Oh. I tried my best. I'm glad you like it. Now lets go eat" he made spaghetti. For the middle of the woods. Haha. It's the thought that counts.

"Hey Luke?" I've had something on my mind all day. "Yeah? What's wrong?" "Why me? Why would you choose me over all of the other girls? You have every girl in school drooling over you, and you choose the girl nobody knows. Why?" Stop it Avery. You do this every time a guy gets to know you. "Why wouldn't I choose you? I love everything about you. How you smile whenever you see me, how you light up a room, just being you. You are what I want. Accept that." He notices all of that? I didn't know. "Okay. I will. Thank you. Sorry about that. I'm just. We aren't the kind of people that end up together." "No. We aren't. But I don't want them. I want you. You're the one for me" I feel tears fill my eyes. No don't cry. "Luke. You're all I want too. I really like you." "That makes me feel so much better Avery. Why don't we finish eating and head home?" Good idea. This was amazing.

We arrive back at my house and he walks me up to the door, typical movie scene. It's really late. "Goodnight." I start to head inside. "Wait. Avery. Come here." I stand close to him. "Yes?" He leans in even closer and kisses me. It was soft and sweet. Like the firework effect. Sparks. We connected perfectly. Now. That is a great end to a great day. "Goodnight Avery!" "Hehe. Goodnight Lukey!" I go inside and head up to bed. I don't know if I'll be able to sleep tonight.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

OMG. IM SO SORRY. I HAVE BEEN SO BUSY. I MADE SURE. THIS WAS LONG SO YOU GUYS WILL FORGIVE ME.

Oh. Things are heatin up between Luke and Avery. Oooooohhhhh.

Thanks for reading. Comment, vote, and share!