Chapter 22:

Zayn and I were at Jade’s front door but her and Harry were inside not being quiet. Their yelling could probably be heard a floor down.

            “Harry I’m not angry at you for the damn slip up!” Jade shouted at him. “I’m angry at you for ignoring me!”

            “I said I was sorry!” Harry replied and I literally face palmed. Sorry didn’t fix anything, when are people going to realise that?

            “You don’t get it! Those three days and thirteen hours of my life I felt so effing crap! You made me feel crap because you were nervous about telling me that you slipped up! You ignored me! You made me feel like you didn’t care! You know how worthless that makes a girl feel?” she asked rhetorically.

            “Jade-“

            “I’m not finished!” she roared.

            “We shouldn’t be listening,” Zayn muttered to me but I just shushed him.

            “-and what every time your scared you’re going to ignore me for a few days until someone else forces you to talk to me? I’m sorry but that isn’t the bloody type of relationship I want or need! Just let me ask you a question,” Jade demanded and I could hear the anger in her voice trying to stay controlled. “If Perrie hadn’t tricked you onto the phone with me, how long would you have made me wait until you either called me or answered my damn phone calls?” A tension filled silence was all that could be heard with heavy breathing probably from Jade because she was shouting.

            “I don’t know,” Harry whispered.

            “And that right there is why I’m angry with you,” she said in her normal voice with a tinge of sadness. “I’m so completely in love with you and you don’t even see it. You make me wait like bait on a hook. You never put me first. Whenever we have a date you’ll never just turn your phone off for those few hours we get to spend alone because it isn’t that often that we do get to spend time alone. I just I can’t do this anymore. It’s over,” Jade said and I could tell through her voice that she had a tear or two streaming down her face and I just wanted to go and hug her.

            “It’s over because I answered the phone once or twice when we were on a date?” Harry asked sceptically.

            “We’re over because you answered your phone nine times in a two hour period when we were on a date, another time it was six phone calls, another time it was seven. We’re over because you can answer the phone when you’re with me on the rare occasion that we can schedule in a date but you were on another continent and couldn’t answer the phone to talk to your girlfriend once when she called you what was probably a hundred or so times. That’s why we’re over.”

            “Jade please,” Harry pleaded. “I’ll be better.”

            “No. It’s done. I’m done,” she gave up. “You don’t care about me and it’s about time I realised that. Though I must admit it was one hell of an act.”

            “Time to leave now,” I whispered knowing Harry would be walking out that door pretty soon. Zayn nodded and we sat in the car in stunned silence.

Jade and Harry’s relationship was over before it ever really began. It was weird I actually wanted them to be together because they did or would’ve made a good couple. It was like she was the box and he was the lid. They just fit together. Not to mention we could have done couple stuff together.