Our Moment (Harry Styles)

This story is dedicated to @Prerna131. Hope you like it, Prerna! :)
You're your classic self in this one, just your name has been changed. Haha xx.

I awkwardly walked into the bakery and seated myself on the same table as I did yesterday- and a day before yesterday and the day before that. I had been doing that every day since the last four days, and what kept me coming back was neither the cakes nor the bread- it was this really charming British boy, who met my gaze and smiled back at me once or twice. I sat down and ordered my everyday coffee. Just in case someone thought I was idling away, I kept a book in front of my eyes. But it wasn’t really the book that I was looking into.

I was looking at him, sitting on the shelf at the cash counter; his aquamarine eyes glued on the television fixed on a higher level; he certainly wasn’t a bakery guy types. But I’ve noticed he’s quite dedicated when it comes to doing his job, and I think I quite like that.
He’s looking a bit different today, I think it’s because his curls are hidden beneath his beanie. But he looks cute nevertheless. His apron covering his low waist jeans and buttoned up shirt that he looks smashing in.
When ever I see him, I feel I know him; as if I’ve seen him somewhere or the other but I don’t remember how. It feels pretty weird, but I don’t think it’s like that, since I’m new in Cheshire.

Someone rings that bell placed on the counter and his stare at the screen breaks to look at the customer. It’s a girl, who instead of paying the cash, smiles at him, hugs him and takes a picture. I’ve noticed this very often, maybe he’s very popular. Is he a celebrity? From his looks, he surely is, but I’m not sure. Whatever, I don’t care who he is, I just know that I like him- A lot.
The girl went off and his eyes met mine, staring at each other forever. I kept looking at him, and neither did he break the stare. So I lowered my eyes, beginning to feel awkward, and shy. It felt kind of weird, just looking at somebody like that, expressionlessly, and I couldn’t even dare to give a smile.

“Can I take this seat?” A raspy British accent asked. I looked up and saw that guy standing right in front of me. I was a bit surprised and nervous, but I mustered up the guts to say, “Yeah sure, why not!” “I’m Harry, by the way, Harry Styles…” he said as he offered his hand to shake with mine. I must mention- his name was as perfect as his looks, his hair, his eyes and his accent. “I’m Rosaline…” I said slipping my hand into his’, which I felt was as soft as a feather. “So can I call you Rose?” he asked, pulling the chair forward as he sat on the one extremely opposite to mine. I wasn’t sure of what to say, we only knew each others’ name, and he was trying to go too far. I nodded nevertheless, and his face lightened up like a candle does in a dark room. The dimples that appeared on both his cheeks when he smiled only made him look cuter and charming- just looking at his glowing face made me smile nervously. “You definitely don’t know who I am, do you?” he mumbled and I frowned. “Did you say something?”  I asked.

“Forget it. So, Rose, seems like you’ve been waiting for someone, are you?” he said and for a moment the fear that he would throw me out of the place because I sat there without ordering anything dawned on me. But I decided to stick with the truth. “Erm, no, I had nothing to do at home, so I thought I just come here, and you know, hang out…” I shrugged.  “…Alone?” he asked furrowing his eyebrows as he made his nose puffed-up on purpose, maybe he knew what he did to me. “Erm, yeah, since I don’t have much company. I’m new in Cheshire.” I delivered plainly and he gave a forceful nod. We were both quiet for a moment, and I just picked my book back up, for the situation was getting really awkward.
I noticed his eyes, looking down on the marble flooring, as if thinking hard to make a decision. Maybe he sensed my stare, because he looked at me, and I retrieved my eyes to the book immediately. He gave a loud giggle, and I raised my eyes to meet his’.  “What are you reading?” he asked, chuckling, and I couldn’t stop but keep looking at him. He looked so attractive when he laughed. “...The Hunger Games?” I said, my eyes on the book, now noticing that I was holding it upside-down. My discovery made me feel a bit embarrassed, but Harry laughed it off.
“You look too lost into something …or someone…” he commented, leaving me red at the cheeks. But he didn’t bring the topic back up, so an awkward silence pervaded our auras.

“Erm, well, Rose, since I rek-on you don’t have much t’ do today…” he began and I nodded, “I was thinkin’ tha’ there’s a celestial event’ today, a may-jor one, an’ may’be you know, we could’ go togethe’?” he spoke slowly in his British accent that made occasional halts at certain syllables. I didn’t know what to say- I couldn’t even approach him to say hi, but he has already asked me out. I can’t say no, he so irresistible; I obviously want him to be mine.
I bit my lower lip- I didn’t know how to answer. “If you’re uncom’for’able then’...”NO! I—I’ll go... I’ll go with you...” I said with a smile as I feared he’d take his offer back. “Okay then’,” his face brightened, and I could feel him radiating happiness, “My shift ends’ a’t eight, it’s just ten more minutes... I hope you don’t mind.” He said and I nodded sideways with a smile. He stood up and went up to the counter and resumed attending to customers, or should I say the people who wanted pictures with him.

I thought that despite of just sitting there I should go up and talk to him, since it was my turn to give back. I did the same, and he looked happy I made a move. “Hi again...” I said and seated myself on the shelf against the wall, the same one he was sitting on. That’s when my eyes fell on the T.V screen- the screen that showed him with four other boys, singing and dancing to a really catchy song. That’s when it hit me- he WAS a celebrity; a member of a famous boy band, One Direction. I remember seeing them on a billboard, nothing more than that. I was dumbstruck- I didn’t know what to do. I looked around and saw him looking at me- he knew that I knew. He didn’t say anything, just raised his eyebrows in my direction.
“You’re... you’re... “Yes I am...” he affirmed. “I’m sorry I seriously didn’t know...” I said. “It’s okay! C’mon my shift’s over, let’s go?” he said, taking his apron off and running his fingers through his hair. I just nodded blankly, that was all I could do then.

We sat in his Audi, and the car started moving. “So why do you still work in a bakery when you’re in a BOYBAND?” I asked. “Well we had some time off, so I thought I could come back to my friends, family and the old job for a few days.... It’s fun, you know.” He replied. “WOW” was all I could say in awe.  For the rest of the trip I bombarded him with several different questions, but he answered them all with patience.

We stopped at an open land covered with lush green and levelled grass. There were little slopes here and there, and everything was covered with the silver moonlight. “Wow Harry this is amazing! But I can’t see anything happening!” I mused. “It’ll happen, eventually...” he said and we climbed a little hill for better view, as he had suggested.

“Rose” he started as we reached up. “Maybe you don’t know this, but I’ve been noticing you since the last four days...” he said, looking into my eyes. Although I kept staring at him too, desperately wanting him to notice me, I had a hint that he knew I existed.
“You’re so beautiful, yet you never flaunt in front of anyone... You’re just so plain, simple and pure; Just how I would want my dream girl to be.” He said and stepped closer to me. I was lost in his deep eyes, trying to make sense out of the words he said.  “Even though you only came to the bakery to see me, you never tried to flirt with me or make a move on me- and I think I quite like that.” He mulled over to me, and I smiled at the ground, thinking that he knew the purpose of my visits. “Why are you saying all this?” I asked confusedly, my cheeks burning. “No I’m not done yet!” he said and took my hands into his’. “  ... Even when you came to know that I was a part of a famous boy band, you didn’t try to use me as a weapon to get popular, which most girls would do in your case... You’re gorgeous, shy and you make me go weak at the knees when you smile...  I love you, Rosaline...” he whispered in my ear and smiled at me, and the way he said my name made my heart go mad. “I love you too, Harry Styles...” I said back into his shining eyes.

The next thing I knew, he grabbed hold of my neck and pulled me towards himself as he joint our lips together. I was caught in a trance, kissing him as he kissed me back, deepening it with every moment. His kiss was extraordinary, it made me feel loved- something I had never felt before. He pulled back softly, and said, “This is Our Moment...” which made me blush while my heart pounded inside. He looked up into the sky, and we watched the stars fall as Meteors showered on us. “Wow, it’s beautiful...” I said in awe. “Not as beautiful as you...” Harry commented and brushed his lips against mine, kissing me again and again, defining what a perfect moment really was.

-:-:-:-