Last First Kiss (Zayn Malik)

This story is dedicated to @AliaMalik because I promised it for her birthdayyy! Happy Birthday darling! Hope you had a good one! :) X.

Zayn’s POV

 “Alia, babe you ready?” I summoned her as I stepped into her hotel room. “…Almost!” I heard her reply from the bathroom. I plunked myself on the bed and took out my phone, whose cover screen had a picture of me and her, back when we went on out first date.
The memories of our first date are still fresh in my mind; she looked stunning, she always does when she wears red. Her silky open hair, which moved with the tiniest puff our air, blew my heart away. The dimple on her cheek, it stole my heart the very first time I saw her smile. The jovial personality, her being a diehard Liverpool supporter, her caring self, and her being …herself; I can never describe in words how happy I am to have her.
“Babe, what’s taking you so long?!” I say, as my eyes were now longing to see her. The last time I saw her was about fifteen minutes ago; we have never been separated for this long. Since she is the Art Director for This Is Us, we have been together since the shooting began, and through the tour, I have had her by my side, in front of my eyes all the time, that’s how we got hooked, and now we’re inseparable.
“Can’t wait for another minute, now can you! You’re so impatient!” she entered with her classic self, cursing on the outside, but from the inside, loving that I longed to see her. She quickly gave a peck on my lips and went to stand in front of the mirror, giving her hair a final brush. I was dazed by the look of her- she was wearing an Indian lehenga, her slightly curled strands were left open, and she clearly didn’t understand it was too much for me to take. I came up to my feet and quietly walked towards her direction.
I hugged her from the behind as she stood in front of the mirror, judging her looks. “You look perfect…” I whispered in her ear as I rested my chin on her shoulder. “I hope” she said, heaving a deep sigh.  “Zayn you should be with your mom, right now, ask her if she needs any help…” Alia said. “I’ve talked to her. Everything’s perfect. All’s set. We just need to get to the place” I replied and kissed the sensitive spot under her left ear. She was ticklish there, I knew. She turned around playfully and slightly brushed her lips against mine.
That’s what she always used to do. She pecked on my lips in order to tempt me, so that I could get lured and turn it into a kiss. I did the same, she was irresistible. I crushed my lips into hers’ and kissed her with all my passion. It went on and on, until Waliya came right in, without even knocking.

“…Waliya! Couldn’t you knock?” I yelled and she snorted bashfully. “I’m sorry, wrong timing but, Doniya needs her help, so she has to come with us…” she said and Alia instantly made a move in her direction. Even though it was Doniya’s wedding today, I just wanted to be with Alia instead of attending to the guests. I caught her arm to prevent her from moving any further. “She’s coming in a moment…” I told Waliya and this sent her off, leaving Alia and I alone again. I pulled her towards myself through her arm, and she turned shy. “Meet me at the palace, okay?” I said flirtatiously and awaited her response. “I’ll think” she replied coyly as she pulled her arm back ran away.

Alia’s POV

“I think you look perfect, Doniya. Don’t be nervous at all!” I said as I competed doing her face with make-up.  “I don’t know! It’s my wedding and I want everything perfect!” the tensed bride replied. “It’s alright, he’s gonna fall flat with a glimpse of you…” Waliya teased her elder sister who instantly gave her elbow a nudge. My phone buzzed suddenly and I presumed I’d see a text from Zayn. “We’re there… what’s keeping you so long?”I read the text in his voice, restlessness in his every word. “What’s wrong with you? Why are you so restless today? I’ve been noticing it all day!” I replied and Doniya stood up as Waliya helped her with her heavy lehenga.
We hoped into the car and it sped to the hotel where the function was going to take place. It was an amazing location and we all were spellbound by its beauty and enormity.
We went upstairs and in no time the guests had started to arrive. Meanwhile, Doniya started to get ready since we could foresee it would take a while.
After everyone had arrived including the Bridegroom, that is, Doniya’s husband to-be, I decided to go downstairs and see if I can help with anything. As soon as I stepped into the hall, I could see Zayn chatting with a bunch of people, and as he laid his eyes on me, he gestured me to join in. “Alia, this is my cousin ….and this, is Alia; my girlfriend.” He said and I said Hi. After we had greeted some more guests, and we were alone, Zayn said, “Where have you been all day?! I’ve wanted to talk to you!” “Well you can talk to me now! By the way, you’re looking hot in this shervani, like, seriously.” I said, smirking my way into those words. His lips curved into a grin and he turned red. “….ALIA! Honey go get Doniya, it’s about time now…”Zayn’s mom beckoned me.
I went straight up, helped Doniya with the final touches, and in a moment we were both on the stairs. Doniya walked in the middle, sided by me, Waliya, Safaa, and Maanya. As we stepped down the stairs, all eyes were on us, but I could tell Zayn’s were on me.  I met his eyes and smiled at him, but his classic self winked at me, which made me snigger.
Doniya was seated by us and the customs began, and we had nothing to do but to be there and play audience to the auspicious occasion.

Midway through, I noticed Zayn’s absence. Wondering where he was, I starting to run my eyes through the gathering, when I received a text that read, ‘You. Outside. Terrace. Now.’
I instantly made a move as I couldn’t stop but wondered what could be more important to Zayn that his sisters’ wedding.
“What happened?” I asked as I walked out. Zayn was standing by the railing, and it couldn’t be more surprising for me. “What are you doing here?” I said, still standing behind him. “C’mon…” he gestured to me and I stood up next to him, the weight of my torso on my elbows that rested on the railing.

“Uh how do I say this?” He turned around to stand in the middle of the way. “…What?” I asked in confusion. He stepped forward and took my hand, and said, “Look, Alia, since the day I laid my eyes on you, I haven’t been able to take you out of my mind…” he started. “And then we started dating and my life has turned into a dream since then…” “Zayn, I know all this. Get to the point!” I mused. “Okay, here it comes. You know I love you and I know you love me, and I don’t want this to change, ever, Never. So why don’t we turn this into something permanent?” he said and my heart dropped. Did he just say what I thought he said? I was still engulfed in a cloud of confusion, when Zayn keeled down on one knee, took out a ring from his pocket and said, “Will you marry me, Alia?  … Will you let me be your last first kiss?” he said looking into my eyes desperately, waiting for a response.
I was filled with a thousand different feelings- shock, excitement, happiness, curiosity and enthusiasm. So much so, that warm tears started forming up in my eyes; my heart was filled with a renewed vigor and the infinity of his love.
I didn’t need to think, I knew what I had to say. “Yes” I affirmed in exhilaration, tears of happiness rolling down my cheeks. He slipped the ring in my finger, and that’s when he crushed his lips into mine and we kissed like there was no tomorrow. My life was complete, I was next to Zayn, and he was all mine now.

-:-:-:-