Two

Year 5 was ending and Astrid couldn't wait to be in year 6, at the top of the school. She pushed open the door of the classroom and walked, with the rest of the 27 students, out of the class.

She waited for Jay, and together the walked to the playground. He griped her hand in his as they walked, which wasn't strange as he did it whenever they went any where. Not that she minded, his had soft hands and they felt nice in her own.

Out in the playground, the other students ran wild. There was a game of football going on between the year 3 's and 4 's. And some girls from her class were playing on the swings.

She had often thought about having friends other than Jay, but always relised she would rather sit on a bench with him, than swing with them anyway.

Sometimes she wondered if he felt the same way, maybe he wanted to go and play football with the others. Did he feel he had to sit by her, because she had no friends?

It wasn't like Jay didn't have other friends. People always seemed to want him on there team, or as there patner, but he always picked her just the same.

This made her feel slightly better, and the two of them walked over to there bench. Jay sat and she plopped down beside him. He was staring angrily ahead, she looked at him. "What's the matter," she wispered.

He looked at her, eyes dark. "Johnny Mathews, says he likes you." He replied. Her eyes widened slightly. Johnny Mathews was the school best footballer and honestly, Astrid didn't really pay attention to any one but Jay.

"Johnny?"

"Yeah."

They sat in silence and Astrid pondered whether she had a crush on Johnny.

"I said I'd kick his teeth in, if he said it again." Jay adds.

"You did?"

"Yeah."

Astrid dicided she didn't have a crush on Johnny.

But she definitely had one on sombody else.