Three

They were moving house. Not far away, but far enough. She would no longer live on the same street as Jay and that thought made her heart sink.

It was her first year in secondary school and though Astrid and Jay still went to the same school, she felt living a good half an hour away might mean she would see him less.

They were moving because of her mum's job. Everything they did was because of her mum's job.

Astrid glared at the cealing of her beloved bedroom that she would only be sleeping in for another two nights.

With a sigh she got up and shuffled to the shower. After washing she got changed and went down stairs.

Eversince she had hit 12, her mother had started leaving the house before Astrid awoke. She said that Astrid was old enough to get ready by herself in the mornings, which she was, but sometimes it would be nice to have somebody to talk to.

She poured herself a bowl of shreddies, just as there was a knock on the front door.

She went to open it and outside was Jay.

He grined at her "Hey Trid, need some company."

She returned his smile and flung the door wide. "Come on in."

They walked back into the kitchen and Jay started eating from her bowl of shreddies. She coughed "Excuse me, can you get your own cereal please." She grabed the bowl off him.

Astrid needed her food in the morning.

He grined his crooked smile, that she loved and chuckled "but yours tastes so much better."

She blushed "Shut up." Grabbing her bag and his arm she pulled him out the house. "We're going to be late."

He clasped her hand in his and they walked towards the bus stop.

He lent against the wall and Astrid couldn't help noticing, not for the first time, how atractive he was.

His dark hair was tousled on top of his head, and his dark eyes were like deep pools of chocolate.

She sighed to her self and lent next to him. He slung a arm around her shoulder and pulled her closer, so she was leaning on him.

Together they waited for the bus.