one

Katniss
I'm shocked that I was reaped. I mean, it's not like it's a bad thing, I just wasn't expecting it. I look over my shoulder at the other District Twelve students: Gale Hawthorne, my best friend and hunting partner and another boy, who I've seen at the bakery. I think his name is Peter or something like that. Nobody really talks in the train to the Capitol. Gale's twiddling his thumbs and the other kid is crying. I'm reading a book. Now I kinda feel bad for the other boy. I put my book where I was sitting and walk slowly over to the boy.

"Are you okay? Why are you crying?" He shakes his head.

"I just miss home. It's nothing, Katniss, really." He whimpers a little more, then dries his tears. Holding out his hand, he says, "Hi, my name is Peeta." Oh, it's not Peter. A giggle comes out of my mouth.

"Sorry, I just thought your name was Peter and now I feel like an idiot," I chuckle, my cheeks turning red. He laughs half-heartedly.

"Fine, then your name is Can'tKiss

"Fine, then your name is Can'tKiss." I smirk.

"Who says I can't kiss, bread boy?" It comes out with a lot more sass than I intended.

He blushes, and I feel something in my stomach, nausea or something. It feels like waves. Then, his smile sends me to the toilet to vomit.

Peeta freaks out, and he follows me. Please don't follow me! Too late. But I ask myself why on earth he would care like that. I mean, we seriously just met, at least I think.

After a good ten minutes, I beg Peeta to just leave me alone. Even though I kneel with my head hanging over the toilet for a good half hour, nothing ever comes up. And as soon as Peeta goes away, it disappears. This can't be a stomach bug. I should ask Gale about it. I crawl out of the bathroom, get back on my feet, and walk over to Gale, who's whistling now. "Gale, I need to ask you something."

"Sure, Catnip. What's up?" He gave me the name Catnip the day we met in the woods. He misheard me when I said 'Katniss', and then he called me 'Catnip' and I smiled. The name kinda stuck.

"Well, um... My stomach feels funny and I don't think I have a stomach bug. What is it?" My eyes search his face. Oh man, he's really sexy. I start to feel it again. "Gale, I feel it right now," I warn and grab my belly.

He crouches down to the height of my stomach. "Well, what does it feel like? Stabbing? Twisting? Spinning? Butterflies?"

I nod, still bent over a little. Butterflies is a really good way to describe it. But it's more like mega-butterflies.

"Butterflies, eh?" Gale laughs, standing.

I scowl.

"I think somebody's hormonal," he singsongs, jeering at me.

I punch his arm as hard as I can. I realize the butterflies are gone, now. "I don't even know what that means, dummy!" I scream, and stomp out of the room. As I'm heading to the sleeping car, I catch Peeta out of the corner of my eye. Stupid boys!