eight

Peeta
Okay, so I may have lied a tiny bit when she wanted to know how much I saw of her changing.

I saw her without a shirt. And if I had been conscious, I would've either closed my eyes, or warned her. But I was in paradise, and it was surreal. Control went out the window.

It's not like I got a clear view of her breasts or anything, but she did move to the side kinda. So, let's just say I got a glance.

I could tell she's insecure about her more intimate body parts, but I think she's beautiful. Real love doesn't care what someone looks like. It's sees who they are at the core.

But I'd rather keep my crush a secret. Katniss will fall for someone else, anyway. I'll never be good enough.

She pulls away from our hug, beaming.

I've never seen her so happy in all my life. "Want some breakfast, princess?"

She smiles, and dimples I've never noticed before catch my eye. I don't think she's ever smiled this much, though.

Her beautiful smile stirs something in me, like a fire deep down in my stomach. Not again...

I hope she's starting to forget what happened last night.

I open the door like a gentleman, and walk alongside Katniss to the dining area. It's ornately decorated, and everything sits neatly on a table made of what I can only guess is cherrywood, which I know is super expensive.

Gale's already in one of the chairs, munching on bread. When he turns to us in the entryway, it's like he's sending me a signal that says, This bread is your head, Mellark.

No matter how scared I am of him, though, I'm going to protect Katniss. "Come on, Can'tKiss," I tease, poking her in the ribs.

I hear her let out a small giggle. It's adorable, and I struggle to hide my blush.

"Can't kiss is right," Gale mumbles sarcastically.

We only just sat down, but Katniss is already fuming

We only just sat down, but Katniss is already fuming. Her chair flies back behind her, and her fingers curl around the knife in closest proximity. "What did you just say?"

If I were Gale, I'd run. I've heard she can do real damage when she wants to.

"Oh, come on, Catnip. You'd never hurt me," he says confidently, throwing his head back with mirth.

Before I even know what's happened, Katniss has stabbed the table with the knife, right between two of Gale's fingers. "Oh, really? Try me, pervert."

Woah. She's feistier than I imagined. And I kinda like it. Butterflies flutter in my belly. "Katniss, calm down," I advice, then gently push her hand away from the knife.

She huffs loudly. "More like CanKiss," I hear faintly, and I know it's Katniss. She's too angry to let it go. She and Gale are similar like that. But I smile silently when I remember our kiss. She's right. She can kiss better than I can, at least.