seven

Katniss
Peeta's acting really weird. One minute we were talking, the next he was running to the bathroom. Urgent bladder?

Oh, well. I guess I could use this time to change.

He's right; we could just wear pajamas. It's not like we'll arrive at the Capitol today.

I was told to leave all of my belongings at home, so that means other than a pin with a Mockingjay on it, I have nothing but Capitol stuff.

When I dig through the drawers, it takes me longer than it should to find pajamas. There are way too many clothes!

The Capitol is known for excess, and District Twelve is the poorest of all regions, so I don't like the Capitol very much.

After much digging, I uncover a pair of warm pants with polka dots on them, fuzzy slippers, and a simple tank top.

I hope the tank top isn't revealing, because I have nothing to reveal. So the boys would be staring at... pancakes. I'd never live that down.

I take off my jeans, change into new underwear, and slide the Capitol pants up to my hips. They're actually really comfortable. I decide I like them, even if they're from the hated Capitol. Then, I quickly take yesterday's blouse off. Throwing it in the corner, I grab the blue tank top, and pull it over my torso. Looking at my chest, I realize that a robe might cover up my insecurity. I turn away from the wall. Oh, dear God, no!

Peeta stands there, slouching, his eyes glazed over. Finally, he shakes his head, probably clearing his mind.

The only instinct that takes over is the urge to cover my chest, even though I'm wearing the tank top. I'm trembling and I can't stop.

Peeta notices how terrified I am, and he takes a few steps closer, maybe to reassure me.

I whisper, "How long were you standing there?"

"Katniss, I literally just opened the door. I didn't see anything but your back."

I fall back onto the mattress, letting it bounce me for a few seconds. "Thank God!" Then, remembering my chest, I request a robe from Peeta, who's still standing close to the wardrobe.

He walks to the bed, where I'm laying down. "As you wish, my princess," he declares theatrically, tossing the robe right on top of my face.

"Peeta!" I whine. As soon as I shove it off my face so I can breathe, I scowl at him, crossing my arms. "I'm getting breakfast, and I'm not acting like a princess!"

"Katniss, that's not what I meant at all. You're a princess to me."

That stops me in my tracks. I'm fighting a losing battle to stay dry-eyed. I turn away from the door. "Oh, Peeta," I cry, and fall into his arms like it's as natural as breathing. "You're the most amazing friend ever!"