Prom and A Sweet Surprise...

Today was prom day.. And I couldn't be more thrilled.. Not.

Me and prom don't get along. If it hadn't been for Alice buying me my dress, I probably would of bailed. Next week was the week I'm supposed to go and see my mom back in California. And that I wasn't really excited for either. I mean I love my mom, but the last time we spoke, it felt like it had just pushed us farther apart.

I had planned on going to prom alone but Edward wouldn't have that. So, he's coming with me. I doubted he really wanted to go to another prom, but he seemed kind of excited about it. Maybe more excited than I was?

I was all ready to go, and waiting in the Cullen's livingroom. Esme and Carlisle were standing beside one another, waiting with me. Rosalie and Emmett were both gone for the night. They needed a date night, and I think Emmett said something about hunting too. Jasper was standing close to me, only because Alice had her camera out, and was repeatidly snapping photos of me in my dress.

"Okay, Alice" I say, adding a soft giggle to her as I hold up my hand, blocking out the camera's view. "But you look so beautiful!" Alice exclaims, and you can see her smile from behind the camera as she snaps a few more pictures. "Edward!" I yell, smiling as I look back to Alice, still covering the camera.

What's taking him so long?

"Why so tense, Lily?" Jasper asks, giving me a small smirk. I look to him and stick out my tongue at him, before turning back to Alice, and successfully snatching the camera from her. I place it on the mantle of the fireplace, before turning back to her.

She's wearing a small pout on her pink lips, causing me to roll my eyes. I smile to myself, before walking over and wrapping my arms around her petite shoulders. She finally caves, wrapping her arms around my waist. "Have a great time" She whispers in my ear, and I let out a sigh, as I step back to look at her.

"God, I hope so" I say, crossing my arms over my chest. "Knowing me, I'll probably end up face planting on the dance floor" I say, causing everyone in the room to give me a small laugh. Alice, places her hands on my shoulders, her honey colored eyes sparkling in the light from above. "You'll do fine" She says giving me a small wink.

"About time you showed up"I hear Carlsile say, and I turn my attention to the stairs. And sure enough, there he was. Edward. In a nice suit. It was black. He wore a white button up shirt underneath it. He had a white tie, with a white handkerchief tucked into the jacket pocket. On the left side, he wore a single white rose. He carried a small box in his hand, and was wearing the brightest smile.

I watched as he slowly made his way down the stairs, and over to me. "Hello Lily" He says, planting a tender kiss to my forehead. "You look beautiful" He says, kissing my forehead again. This time I hear Alice clicking with the camera, but I didn't care. I smile each time he kisses my forehead, before looking up to him. His hair was combed and gelled to almost perfection and he smelt of lavender and mint. The combination alone almost sends me into oblivion.

Edward holds out his hand, and with the other, he opens the box. I place my hand in his, and watch as he takes the corsage out of the box, and wraps it around my wrist. It looks identical to the rose he's wearing except the band is the same purple as my dress. The tips of the rose are the same purple as well. He places his hand on my cheek, and Alice begins to snap pictures again.

This time I roll my eyes to her, before looking back to Edward, my smile never fading, only growing as he smiles back down to me. I wrap my arms around his neck, and pull him to me, smiling more as I do so. "Its beautiful Edward, thank you so much" I say into his ear. I feel his arms wrap around my waist, as we stand there in one another's embrace.