Chapter XVI

"Don't be afraid of what you don't know. Be afraid of learning something you didn't know about someone who thought you knew." ~Anonymous
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
I stood with Maleficent, watching Sora teaching Sakura how to fly while they were in Neverland from the hologram on the stone paving. They looked like they were having a good time. If only I was Sora right there at that moment. "See? I told you," Maleficent said. "She has fallen for the boy. Time is running out to win her heart back. If you want her to like you, you have to act now."

I clenched my fists. "What can be do to get her back?" I demanded.

"Capture her and get rid of the invader," she replied.

Something was suspicious. Every time she heard that name, she kept on gripping her staff and mumbling something. If I wanted to confront her on my suspicions, now's the time to do it. "That's not the reason," I snapped. "You want her for another reason, not so I can win her heart back. I've seen you. You order those fools around to get her, and when return empty-handed, or don't return, you get angry."

She blinked at me and sighed, "Alright, you got me. I'll tell you why."

She leaned down and whispered into my ears for a couple of minutes. My eyes widen. "Now, can you capture her since you know my true intentions?" She smirked.

"Yes," I said as I walked out of the castle, waiting for those four to show up.

*~*~*~*~*~

Donald steered the Gummi Ship to an abandoned castle. "This is it; this is Hallow Bastion," He said.

"Where Maleficent, the woman you heard so much about, resides," Goofy added.

"We're ready to take her on!" Sora yelled.

We landed and I saw the world. A bunch of rock steps floating above water. It was surrounded a huge, lonely castle. It was surrounded by a waterfall but the water is instead going up instead of down.  It looked so familiar, I wonder why. "Gwarsh, look at that!" Goofy said, eyeing the castle.

"This place feels so familiar," Sora noticed.

"It does," I mumbled.

"Hm, that's strange," Goof replied.

"I wonder why..." Sora said. "I feel this warmth inside, right here." He held his chest where his heart was.

"Aw, you're just hungry," Donald brushed it off as he walked up to us.

"Hey, I'm serious!" He yelled.

A roar echoed through the castle. "We should check that out," I said.

"Let's go!" Sora started jumping on the floating rocks.

We jumped on after him. We approached the entrance where a huge, brown, hairy beast with horns and a purple cape and Riku were. "No vessel, no help from the Heartless..." Riku asked. "So tell me; how'd you get here?"

The beast growled, flashing Riku all of his sharp, white fangs in his mouth. "I simply believed," The beast said with a deep, growly voice. "Nothing more to it. When our world fell into darkness, Belle was take from me. I vowed to find her again no matter what the cost. I believed I would find her. So, here I am. She must be here. I will have her back!"

"Then take her back if you can!" Riku taunted. The beast leapt onto the air and swiped at Riku. He jumped away as his claws swiped where he originally was. He summoned his Keyblade and swiped at the beast. He groaned and fell down as Riku prepared to finish him off. "Stop!" Sora and I cried as we ran up to the injured beast.

"So, you two finally made it," He laughed. "About time. I've been waiting for you two. Especially you, Sakura."

Now I was really mad. I'm done with wondering why these guys are after me. "OKAY, WHAT IS WITH IT WITH YOU GUYS WANTING ME?!" I screamed. "I HAVE ENCOUNTERED SO MANY OF YOU GUYS, WANTING ME FOR SOME REASON THAT YOU GUYS AREN'T TELLING. WHY? WHY DO YOU WANT ME?"

"You'll find that out soon," Riku replied. "After I talk with Sora."

He faced Sora. "We've always been rivals, haven't we? You've always pushed me as I always pushed you."

"Riku..." Sora stammered.

"It all ends here," He interrupted. "There can't be three Keyblade masters."

Huh? I thought.

"What are you talking about?" Sora demanded.

"Let the Keyblade...chose it's true master!" Riku yelled. Sora's Keyblade began to glow. It began to shake as Sora struggled to keep it in his hand. It disappeared and reappeared in Riku's hand. "WHAT?!" We cried.

"Maleficent was right," He laughed. "You don't have what it takes to save Kairi! It's up to me. Only the Keyblade master can open the secret door...and change the world."

"But that's impossible," He sputtered. "How did this happen? I'm the one who fought my way here with the Keyblade!"

"You were just the delivery boy," He sneered. "And while I'm at it, I'll be taking you!"

Riku grabbed my arm. "Hey! Let me go!" I shouted.

"Let Sakura go!" Sora cried, gabbing my other arm and yanking him in his direction.

"What are you going to do? Fight me?" He taunted, pulling me back in his direction. "There's no way you can do that now. I have the Keyblade and you have no weapon."

As the two of them were playing tug-o-war with me, I realized something. All this time, these guys were coming after me and me only. Sure, they had intentions of taking over the world with darkness, but their main reason was to capture me. All this time, we were fighting those guys, they weren't fighting us cause we were in their way. They were fighting over us cause they were after me. If I had given myself to them, I would save the whole gang a lot of trouble. I stopped struggling. "Fine, I'll go with you," I sighed.

"No, Sakura!" Sora shouted. "I already lost my Kairi! I can't lose you!"

"Sora, just hand me over!" I snapped. "All those bad guys we fought, they were after me. You guys were in their way. They wanted me. If you handed me over back then, it would saved you a lot of trouble, Sora. Whatever they want with me, I'll do it if they will stop fighting you guys."

"But--" He started.

"Sora, I'm going to be okay!" I interrupted. "You don't have to worry! I know what I'm doing."

"I still won't let go!" He cried.

"I'm really sorry for doing this, Sora," I corned as I swung my foot and kicked his arm. It flipped backwards a bit. He let go and shook it in pain. I hope I didn't break his arm.

"So, it seems your girlfriend already caught on," Riku said. I winced when he said "girlfriend". Did he mean a girl as a friend or like we were dating? "Sorry, your part's over now. Here, go play hero with this." He threw Sora the wooden sword that I lost from the island. Sora fell to the ground.

"Let's go, Sakura," Riku said as he pulled me away. Sora reached out I me and I glanced at Sora with pity. I hope you forgive me, I thought as I handed myself over to the enemy.