Chapter XVII

"To hate something you used to love is such a painful feeling." ~Ciel Phantomhive (Black Butler)
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Riku ran down the corridors of Hallow Bastion while holding my hand, "Riku, where are we going?" I asked, stumbling behind him because I couldn't keep up with him.

"Somewhere," He replied, not looking back.

"A little less vague, please," I muttered, clear sarcasm in my tone.

We ran until we reached a room with four entrances that were stairs. A giant Keyhole with nothing inside stood in front of the room. A woman dressed in a black cloak with green skin, horns, and a staff stood in front of the Keyhole. It was Maleficent. She turned around when she heard our footsteps. She smiled, "I see you brought the girl like I asked. Good."

"Okay, what do you want with me?" I snapped.

"Sakura, sweetheart, don't you remember me?" Maleficent asked.

"No, I don't even know who you are!" I cried.

"You don't remember?" She said. "All those days we spent, making potions, ruling our little kingdom, and the time we spent like mother and daughter?"

"Huh?" I asked, confused. "What are you talking about?"

"Don't you remember that day you betrayed me and left the world to go someplace else?" She asked one final time.

"No!" I shouted. "I don't even remember anything of my past!"

"Pitiful," Maleficent sighed, turning to me. She cupped my cheeks with her hands, "You see, Sakura, I am your mother."

I gaped at her in shock. Me? Her daughter? No way. "No way that you're my mom!" I yelled, smacking her hands away from my face.

"But Sakura, you don't remember anything of your past," Maleficent reminded me. "So how you can prove that I'm not your mother?"

"Even if you were my mother, I wouldn't believe it!" I shouted.

"Even if you deny it, that's not why I had Riku bring you here," She stated. "You possess the powers that will help us access the darkness which will allow me to rule all the worlds on complete darkness."

"I'll never help you!" I yelled.

"But your my daughter, and I'm your mother, so it would be nice if you, as my daughter help--" She started.

"I DON'T CARE IF I'M YOUR DAUGHTER, I'LL NEVER HELP YOU!!!" I shouted, clenching my fists.

She stopped asking and looked at me straight in the eye. "Alright then, I'll leave and have Riku help you change your mind. When I come back, I will be hoping for a different answer, my daughter."

She left the room and Riku faced me. "Saki, why did you say no to her?" He asked.

I shouted, "For the last time, I'm not helping you guys, especially now that I found out what you are intending to do with me!"

"Sakura--" He said, grabbing my arm.

"DON'T TOUCH ME!!!" I screamed, flinging my arm out of his. 

He stared at me for a couple of minutes before sighing. "Alright, if you aren't going it change your mind, then I'm leaving. I'm not wasting my time on you anymore."

As he left the room, his words stung me. Don't feel bad, I reminded myself, that Riku right there isn't the old Riku you once knew.

*~*~*~*~*~

For the next couple of hours, I sat in that room, waiting for Maleficent to return. I really hope Sora found some way to get in and fight his way through the Heartless. Maleficent entered the room again. "I hope you rethink your decision, Sakura," She said.