Chapter one

I had just finished curling the last strand of my dark brown hair and let it fall to my shoulders when the door bell rang. I ran down the stairs and opened the door for my best friend Veronica. She's wearing an all black outfit with a floral scarf, and high heels. I smiled at her. On the other hand I had on black leggings with a pink shirt with lace sleeves and ugg boots.

"You look great!" I told her. She smiled and said "Thanks! You do too!" I grabbed my bag and we got into my 2016 silver jeep wrangler. As we were driving to school I was trying not to hit any bumps or pot holes because Veronica was applying some more red lipstick and I didn't want it to get all over her face.

As we pulled up to our school Beacon hills high, I checked my phone and noticed I had a text from my mom. It read 'Hey honey, I hope you have a good first day at school, sorry I couldn't be there. Love you' My mom was always away on work, so I never really saw her that often. Which was sad but on the bright side, I get the house to myself. My brother is away at college and I have never met my dad, he left my mom when I was only 3 days old.

I put my phone in my bag and get out of the car. "You ready?" Veronica asks me. "Kinda nervous, but just one more year until were out of this hell hole." I say to her as we walk into the building. "What do you have for first period?" I asked her. "Math" "Oh, I have Science" We looked over our schedules and noticed the only classes we have together were English and Digital photography. The last two classes of the day.

We parted ways to head to first period. As i'm heading to my science class, I see this tall, muscular guy walking in the hallway, wearing a black tux with a white shirt under it and a dark blue tie. It suited him well. He was probably the most attractive guy I've have ever seen. His dark black hair and blue eyes made him at least ten times sexier. He had some facial hair but not too much, just a little scruff. It was perfect. He was perfect.

He turned his head and caught me staring at him. He stared back at me with his fiery eyes. I bit my lip and continued to stare at him. We just kept staring at each other, until I got a little self conscious and looked away and crashed into some girl and dropped my books, he chuckled a little and scratched his jawline.

While picking up my books I see a hand grabbing my 'How to kill a mocking bird' book. I look up and it is him. He smiles and says "this is one of my favorite books, I must have read it over a thousand times" I don't say anything and just smiled back and he hands me my book and walks away.