Chapter 5

Thursday at school I stood outside Mr. Adams classroom and put my head phones in just to piss him off. Before i could walk in he was standing in the door way smirking at me. "What are you doing?" He asked chuckling as he leaned against the wood frame, crossing his arms. I blushed slightly and glared at him while smiling and i took the head phones out of my ears. He stepped aside, letting me into the room. 

We were the only two in the classroom at this time. I went to my desk and sat down.The rest of the class period I just sat there listening to him teach. He was too gorgeous for my own good.

At the end of class when i was the last one out of the door i felt someones hands on my hips holding me steady. I turned my head quickly to see Mr. Adams. My face was closer to his than i expected and i had breathed in deeply,  smelling his minty breath. I twisted slightly in his arms that still held my hips so i was now facing him. Neither of us spoke a word but our eyes poured everything out. He leaned in slightly, his head tilting to one side and i closed my eyes. My heart was in my throat. I felt so nervous. He pulled me in closer so our hips were touching. I put my arms up to his shoulders and his lips met mine. A strange tingling feeling ran through my entire body as he pressed his soft but firm lips to mine and i stopped breathing it was only for a second and then he was gone, torn away from me, leaving me cold and confused. What happened? I wondered. His back was facing me a few feet away while he leaned over a desk, cursing to himself, quietly. 

"Jeff..." I said quietly, my fingers touching my lips lightly as the tingling sensation started to fade. 

"Grace" He sighed, turning to face me, his face filled with guilt. "Grace i'm so sorry! I shouldn't have done that." His gaze met mine and I said "Don't be sorry. I liked it." He sighed then sat down at the nearest desk to him, dropping his head to his hands and running his fingers through his hair. 

"That just made it worse. I'm sorry Grace. I was leading you on and there's nothing more to it. Okay?" He said, his voice harsh, they made me wonder if those words were painful. I suddenly realized that even if they weren't to him, they were to me. My heart crashed back into my chest, stopping me breathing. Why had he just kissed me out of all the people if he was just leading me on? Why a teenage girl? I didn't understand, but i wasn't sure i wanted to. Tears sprung to my eyes, as i grabbed my books. I could feel his eyes watching me, making me panic as i wiped away tears. 

"Grace, i want you not to say anything about this to anyone, we both could get into loads of trouble. I'm sorry for putting you in this position." He said to me. This time i could hear pain in his voice. I just nodded my head and left.