Chapter 7

The next morning I woke up to Veronica practically jumping on me to get me to wake up. "Get up! It's already 3 in the afternoon." She says and i groan and roll over and fall off the couch. "I feel like shit" I say in pain. "I have called Amber 5 times and she hasn't answered her phone, i'm getting worried." Veronica explains.

"She's probably just asleep or still with that guy." I say.

"But what if shes not, I mean she didn't even know that guy."

"She could be with Matt. Let me call him." I say.

As the phone just keeps on ringing i begin to get even more worried. "No answer." I tell Veronica.

"Shit" She says angered.

We get up and change our nasty clothes that have beer and puke on them and get into my car. We head to Amber's house. There are no cars in the drive way so we think she isn't home, but we decide to go inside anyways. She always leaves her side door unlocked so we go in through there. "Amber are you here." I shout as i walk in through the door. She comes down the stairs all loopy. She is hung over. Me and Veronica pretty much slept our hangover off.

Veronica grabs Amber's arm just as she is about to trip over the last step. "What are you guys doing here" Amber laughs as she open some dog treats and puts some into her mouth saying "I love these animal crackers." "Ew Amber that's not animal crackers, its yours dogs treats." I say as taking the dog bones out of her hand.

"Where is your phone at? We called you many times." Veronica asks Amber. Amber just laughs and doesn't say anything.

My phone rings and it's Matt. " Uhh Grace... I'm in jail." He says.

"What?! How?!"

"I don't have much time to talk but i need you to come bail me out. I can't ask my parents, they would kill me if they found out." He states.

"Okay okay how much is your bail?"

"500 dollars..." He says not confidently.

"I don't have that much money now all i have is 200 dollars." I tell him.

"I have over 1000 dollars stashed up under my mattress, but my parents are home so i don't know how you are gonna get in there."

"I will figure it out, don't worry." I tell him and hang up.

"We need to go to Matt's and get some money. He's in jail and he want's us to bail him out." I tell Amber and Veronica. "Okay let's go!" Amber says. "No you need to stay here and sleep off this hangover." Veronica tells her. We get Amber to go back up to her room and go to sleep and we head to Matt's.

As we get there we come up with a plan to sneak into matts window. It's not very far off the ground but it's not close either. I have to stand on Veronica's shoulders and she boosts me up. I fall into Matts room and  lift up his mattress. I see a white envelope and open it up to make sure it's the money. It is. I put it in my back pocket and grab onto the windowsill lowering myself down onto Veronica's shoulders.

We get back into my car and drive to the Jail Matt is at. We walk into the west county jail and head to the desk and I say "I'm here to bail out Matt Dickinson."

"Okay he bail is 500 dollars." The lady at the desk says.

I pull our 500 dollars from the envelope and hand it to the lady.

"Okay you girls can have a seat and he will be right out." She tells us.

We sit down for not even 5 minutes and Matt comes walking out. "Thank you so much for bailing me out." He says while hugging me and Veronica. "No problem" we say simultaneously.

"Where's Amber?" Matts asks. "She stayed home because she has a major hangover from last night." I tell him.

"What are you gonna tell your parents when you get home?" Veronica asks him.

"I'm just gonna say that I spent the night with you guys." He says.

"Okay"