Chapter 3

I could feel sweat running down my back as i walked into the changing rooms, breathing heavily after my intense workout. I spent about 30 minutes doing squats,  sit ups and  all that kind of things. Along with 3 miles of running on the tread mill. I pulled my sweaty top away from my skin as i headed out the back door and started jogging slowly along the road. My muscles burned from the intense exercise but it felt nice to be jogging again, even with the drizzling rain that stuck my hair and my clothes to my body. I hadn't run in a while, so it felt good to do it again. 

A single car drove past me and pulled over on the side of the road just ahead of me, rolling the front window down and waiting for me. I pulled my headphones out of my ears, and walked over to the car wondering who it was and why they were stopping, only to see Mr. Adams smirking at me. 

"You left my classroom almost two hours ago, have you really been exercising all this time?" 

"Yes, i care what i look like, okay. Plus i need to stay fit for dance." I said, starting to jog again but he just drove beside me. I stopped, turning around to face him again. "What do you want?" I asked him. "Do you want a lift?" He asked me. "No thank you, i'm running home because i want to. I'm trying to lose some of my summer weight. Plus your a teacher, I'm a student. Do the math." I said being pretty rude, but i didn't care. He interrupted me running and my music, which was my only escape from this world. 

"You are kidding me right? You have no weight to lose." He said as i huffed impatiently, regretting saying anything. "Can you just leave me alone please? I want to be home before this rain gets heavier." I said as a huge black cloud comes rolling over me. The rain coming down hard and fast.  Soaking me in seconds. I huffed again, crossing my arms, I was starting to get cold. "Wow this is just great" I say angered, shoving my phone into my pocket so it wouldn't get wet. 

"My offer still stands, this doesn't look fun to run in." He says. I don't say anything. I just open the door and get into the passenger seat. I told him were I lived and then we just sat there in silence for a bit. I realized how uncomfortable he made me feel. I swore I would never have a crush on him but deep down in my heart I did.