CHAPTER 1 - Meet the Murthy's

London-Murthy Villa

Beta! Wake up! You do remember that Zara and Emily are coming to pick you up in an hour for shopping?
A beautiful woman with brown eyes and chestnut hair said softly trying to wake her lazy child up.

A girl who was comfortably sleeping in her bed surrounded by white curtains and covered in Aqua blue bedding jerked up as she heard the last sentence said by her mum!

Nandini: Sugars! Mum I totally forgot.... Why didn't you wake me up earlier? It's already 10.

Shreya: Beta I have been trying to wake you up for the last 3 hours! In fact not just me but your dad and Rishab have as well. Tum kab khud uthna sikho gi?

N: Mum I'm sorry! Kya karun? You know I'm a heavy sleeper. I'm gonna go get ready now.... Don't have enough time and you know how my two besties are... they'll eat me up alive!

S: Nandu beta.... It's gonna be hard for you to leave.... Right? I mean you've spent your entire life in London and now suddenly we have to leave everything and return to where me and your dad came from-India!

N: Mum please.... Why are you worrying sooo much? I'll be fine! Yes I'll miss everyone especially my two idiotic besties but that's life.... We have to move on and if going to India is what was planned for me then let it be! Waise you and dad remember your promise na?

S: Kon sa waala promise Nandu?

N: offo mum! You forgot so easily! The condition I had made to you guys where I said I will move to India only if you promise me that you guys will fulfil it!

S: Ah yes beta! And your dad was so hesitant to accept your condition but don't worry he is your father.... Chinta toh rahegi hi na... laadli beti jo ho tum. I convinced him that you'll be fine and besides your Bhai is there na to look after his choti.

N: True Mum! I'm so glad Kai bhai hai.

Nandini was lost in her thoughts when she suddenly realised the time...it was 10:30! Oh no, they gonna be here in 30 minutes. Mum please make me a quick breakfast....I'll go and get ready quickly.

Saying this Nandini rushed into the washroom and her mum sighed her head in disbelief.

S: yeh ladki kaa kya hoga?

After 15 minutes Nandini walked out of the washroom wearing a white shirt with a pink knitted jumper tucked into a beautiful floral skater skirt! She wore black tights and ankle boots! Her outfit was perfect for the winter season! She quickly put her hair in a messy ponytail.... Put on some bb cream, mascara and pink lipstick.... Grabbed her Michael Kors bag and ran out the room!

Nandini's P.O.V

I literally ran out of my room as soon as I was ready. I ran into the dining room and started munching on the toast that my mum had prepared for me. Then I quickly gulped my hot chocolate. Zara and Emily were going to be here any minute now. It's my last weekend in London.... Even though I don't show it but I will miss everyone here especially my besties. If this business deal wasn't important for Dad then we would never leave London. Dad's company has got a chance to work with India's top fashion industries in Delhi and he can't miss it! Therefore, we all have to move to India! But I didn't want to. I knew dad wouldn't let me stay here alone. I talked to Bhai about it, he lives in Mumbai and the best advice he gave me was to come and stay in Mumbai! He knows I lOVE Psychology and the Uni he is gonna go to specialises in Psychology and Music. My two favourite subjects. I decided to go India on one condition.... If I can enroll in SPACE! Dad was hesitant at first but when I told him Bhai studies there he immediately said yes! He's always treated me like his choti. Bhai's mum is my dad's older sister and my parents and his are childhood buddies-Dad could never say no! Before dad decided to shift to Delhi.... I had planned to enrol in Oxford university and get a degree in Psychology. However, things don't always turn out how you want them to. But I'm excited about SPACE-I've heard lots about it! Especially their Music... *Ding dong* *Ding dong* Sugars! They're here. I ran towards the door and there they were.... My two beautifuls!

End of P.O.V

Zara: So babe, Ready?

Emily: You're last shopping trip in London before you move to India! I'm really gonna miss you hun!

N: I know guys! But what to do. Anyways lets not think about all this and make a move. We have a lot of shopping to do. Let's go Oxford street first. I'll take my car.
They all set off for Oxford street in Nandini's Audi. All 3 of them spent the whole day shopping, eating and just walking around enjoying the day.

Nandini got home at 9pm. Her dad was home from office now and Rishab was back from football practice.

Arjun: Hello beta! Had fun?

N: Yes dad! We had soooo much fun. I'm sorry but you're gonna have to transfer some more money into my account. I kind of emptied it all today.

S: What!!!! Nandini how did you manage to spend so much?

Ar: Oh Shreya.... It's ok. Let her spend...all this money that I work hard for is all for my two children. On hearing this Nandini and Rishab gave their dad a big hug.

N: Thank you Dad! You're the best! And mum I had to do sooo much shopping for India!

S: Nandu... they sell clothes in India as well you know?

N: Yes mum! But it won't be my style! And you know that Nandini Murthy loves to be different and unique. I don't copy people.... People copy me!!!!
Nandini said this in a proud voice to which her parents and brother laughed.

Rishab: And that's why my dida is the best!!!

N: Woh toh Mai hu!

S: My darling kids have you started packing? We have to leave tomorrow night!

N and R: Yes mum!

S: Okies. Nandini have you had dinner outside?

N: Yes mummy!

S: Okies. Go to bed both of you. We have a busy day tomorrow!

N: Okay Mum. Good night mum, dad and Rishu! Love you guys loads.

Nandini went up to her bedroom, got changed into her pyjamas and fell asleep in no time.

So my first update!!!! What do you guys think? Please do leave me a comment.... Praises and criticism are both welcome.... Don't forget to vote. Thank you!!!!
Lots of love xxx