Chapter 15 - Suspicious Roses And COD

"Morning, Hedwig."
Shanaya had just woken up and had an unusual level of excitement in her voice.

I peeped out of my closet in which I had been searching for something to wear to school. I still had an hour and a half to spare, but I didn't want to be late and have a repeat of 'candy head'.
"Am I supposed to know why you're calling me by the name of a white, snowy, mythical creature that somehow has more brains than some of the tools in my class?"

She deliberately dragged her words and gave me a goblin-like grin.
"Owls don't sleep and that's the only famous one, so just checkin'. How did you sleep last night?"

Oh My God.
Why did that look set off all the alarm bells in my head?
She knew something had happened last night.
But how could she? She had been fast asleep when I'd checked.
"I slept well. Why?"

Play dumb. Act normal.
Maybe then she'll forget whatever stupid thought has wormed its way into her head.

"Liar! You didn't sleep at all last night, after a certain somebody-"

"Mom! Is breakfast ready? I have to get to school early today. I forgot I had a project due."
I was out of that room and running down the stairs before Shanaya could finish her sentence.

My mom and dad, who'd been having breakfast and reading the newspaper, looked at me, then at the clock and back at me.

"No. I haven't lost my mind! I just want to be punctual, so stop looking at me like I'm an alien species."

Their incredulous looks told me they weren't buying it. I just grabbed a bowl, poured in the milk and cereal and started the tedious process of trying to convince them that I was hiding from Shanaya.

That, mind you, was very difficult, since I couldn't tell them why exactly I was hiding from her.
But nevertheless, I eventually did manage to convince them and leave the house, starting the walk to school. 
I'd barely made it a few steps when I got a text.

Need a ride to school?

I had sort of been hoping it was a text from Aaron.
Guess my mental chanting abilities were improving.

Thanks :)
It was sweet of you to offer, but I trust my legs more than your mode of transport.

They are smokin' hot so...it totally makes sense ;)

Shut up, you shameless neanderthal :P
I'll rephrase, since you're obviously in a 'let's-embarrass-Avery' mood.
I meant I HATE your bike and I just like walking -_-

Well, you look sexy doing it, so don't stop xD

I looked up at Aaron's house and saw him grinning at me through the window. He was so annoying sometimes.

Omg! Why do you have to subject me to such torture? I really don't like you much right now. Frankly, I quite hate you -.-

Awh, I'm so sorry :c I was just annoying you for fun.

It's fine. :s

Thanks, hottie! You're the best =D

Gaah! You're unbelievable.

Lol :P
Who even uses 'gah' anymore?

Go away, Aaron. You're seriously annoying me.

Oh but you're stuck with me :)
Cause I ain't going nowhere.

A sudden doubt popped into my mind while reading his replies, so I decided to ask him.