Chapter 19 - All Grown Up Now

“Time’s money, people! Chop, chop. I need those white flowers. Where in the bloody f-”

Uh oh.

I shot up from where I’d been passively observing all the commotion going on around me, and ran to the whirlwind who was directing all that commotion.
“Hey, Lara! We’re in a place of “holy matrimony”. Toning down the colourful language seems like a good idea.”

She turned around and grinned at me.
“Oh hi, Avery. You really should chill a little. And you’re here to help me, right?”

She didn’t even give me a chance to say no. I really liked my earlier observation post but before I could argue, a huge basket of lavenders was handed to me and I was being instructed on where and how those flowers were to be arranged.

“Hey, baby. Need a hand with that?”

“Shoo off, pesky human.” I grumbled as I tried to put up a string of flowers on the branch of a tree that was a little too high for me.

Aaron watched with an amused smirk as I struggled on. After another futile attempt I finally swallowed my pride and looked at him.

He smirked wider and easily put the flowers in place.
“That wasn’t so tough now, was it?” He whispered against my lips.

As I tried to move closer, he nipped my lower lip and backed away completely. My eyes closed involuntarily, savoring the sensation that one simple action gave me, but then flew open as I realized the warmth I’d earlier felt was missing.
I looked around frantically but he was nowhere to be seen.

Oh that jerk!
He downright tricked me.

I shook myself out of the trance and forced myself to go back to the task I was supposed to do. For the next hour I did Lara’s bidding, running errands as she went about decorating the venue for the wedding that evening. After most of the work was done, we all got our well deserved break.

I texted Aaron and told him to come to the boathouse. It was the only convenient place, considering the wedding was being held on the beach.

“What’s up?” He asked as he walked in.

Instead of replying I just tapped into my secret reserves of courage to do stupid and shameless things, roughly pushing him against the wall and kissing him like my life depended on it.

If I did this, I had to do it right. No holding back.

As I kissed down to his shoulder, he pulled on my waist and tried to turn us around.

I mentally snorted at his attempt.
Boys.
Always trying to be dominating and have the upper hand.
But I wasn’t going to let him win again.
Hell to the no.

I ignored for a moment that I wasn’t me and lightly sucked and bit down on his soft skin, which by the way smelled heavenly enough to make me faint.

His sexy groan almost made me want to jump him right there.

I was shell shocked at the crudeness of my thoughts. I’d never in a million light years have imagined myself doing or even coming close to thinking something like that.
Wow. I really had changed.

But I had accomplished my aim so now it was time to vanish, just like he had earlier.

~*~

“Really? A hickey? I didn’t know you had it in you, sunshine.” Aaron spoke quietly, as the music played and Riva walked down the aisle, looking stunning in her sequined wedding gown, towards Armaan who had a look of pure love etched on his face and elation clear in his eyes.