Chapter Four

Scott remained on the couch for several minutes after the exchange, falling in a state of shock. Slowly, he managed to pull himself out of it and swallowed, rubbing his arms and shivering. His eyes darted towards the door and he looked back at the hallway where the mysterious man disappeared. Maybe if he ran fast enough, he would get out of his house before Mitch noticed. 

Slowly, he got to his feet, and padded towards the door, testing the floor before each step. He gulped as he got to the door and reached for the door handle. Slowly, he pulled the door open, only to hear a whistling noise behind him. Instinctively, he ducked, his head hitting the door causing it to slam shut. 

A dark chuckle filled the space between him and the attacker, causing him to freeze. With his heart in his throat, he slowly turned around, his eyes large with fear. 

Mitch stared at him, his face blank outside of the cruel smirk he planted on his face. He made a noise of disapproval and shook his head. "Were you trying to fun from me, sweetie?" He asked, his voice sounding somewhat... sad? Scott frowned and cocked his head slightly, confused. Was this killer capable of emotion outside of hate?

Apparently not, he thought as a loud laugh erupted from Mitch, shaking the small man from the force of it. Scott jumped in fear, shrinking into himself. He stared at Mitch, his face full of fear. It took a few moments for Mitch to stop laughing, and when he did, his face was stoic. The only evidence he was laughing was the fact his eyes were slightly red. 

"Silly boy." He mocked and stalked forward, his gait one of a predator. Scott mentally whimpered. He was the prey. "How dare you think you can run from me? Didn't you say you wanted to be my favorite?" Mitch stopped in front of Scott and bent over, their noses kissing each other with a feathery touch. 

Scott just stared at him, his thoughts running rampant through his head. How easy would it be to just lean forward and bash their heads together? Or punch him in the stomach? Or maybe even kick his legs out from underneath him? He was yanked from his thoughts as a rough grip was placed on his chin. He blinked rapidly and gasped at the fiery glare Mitch was giving him. Ice slid down his spine and he struggled not to whimper, feeling the skin under his fingers bruise from the pressure. 

"Do not ignore me." He snarled and shoved Scott's face back, causing his head to bang against the door once again. Scott cried out in pain, his hands shooting up to cradle his head. He looked up Mitch, feeling his eyes blur with the pain. 

"What the hell is wrong with you?" He seethed through his teeth, his eyes two blue lasers. Mitch stared at him as a smile twitched to break free. 

"Oh, sweetie..." Mitch murmured, running an icy finger down his jaw line. Scott's breath hitched and the brief moment of bravery he had fled. Instead of answering the question like Scott thought he was, his finger became five, gripping Scott's face once more.

Scott swallowed, holding his breath. Could serial killers smell fear? He prayed that they couldn't.

"I'm going to have to punish you now. What a bother." Mitch did not sound pained by the fact; in fact, he sounded quite giddy.

Scott's muscles locked up as more adrenaline swept through his bloodstream, his body telling him to get the fuck away and run. "W-what are you going to do?" He asked shakily.

Instead of answering, Mitch grabbed him by the neck and yanked him up with strength that startled Scott. He was fucking strong. Now towering over the man, he still didn't feel any reassure. If he made Mitch angry, he would probably stab him in the stomach.

Mitch ran a single finger down Scott's torso, humming an eerie tune that cause goosebumps to explode over Scott's skin. "Maybe I'll rip your fingernails out," He began, his movements not ceasing. "Or maybe I'll carve an intricate pattern into your skin so you'll never forget me." Scott whimpered at the sound of the last one. He definitely wasn't going to forget this psychopath anytime soon.