Chapter Ten

a/n: this is so unedited even watermelondrea would gasp

On his way to the door, Mitch ripped off his shirt and flung it across the room. He giggled and raked his hand through his hair, giving the appearance of bed hair, or sex hair. Breathing hard, he opened the door, plastering a false smile onto his face as he took in the couple. 

"Oh, hi," He leaned against the door, running his hand through his hair. Immediately, the small girl looked away, blushing in discomfort.

"Hi... again. Is Scott home?" She asked, refusing to make eye contact. Mitch giggled, still pretending to be out of breath. 

"Yeah, he's just a little... tied up at the moment," This time, the man blushed and looked up. What? Has these two never had sex before? Mitch shook his head and stepped aside. "Please, come in," He gestured into the apartment with a smile. "Can get some names for Scotty?" 

"Oh... tell him Kirstie and Jeremy are here." 

Mitch filed the names into his mind, knowing he could use them later for leverage. He smiled and nodded, heading back into the room. "Oh, Scotty!" He sang. "We have company." 

Scott glared at him, refusing to say anything as Mitch bent down and untied him. As soon as his wrists were free, he sat up, rubbing the tender skin. "Who is it?" He asked in an annoyed tone, avoiding eye contact with Mitch. Mitch simply smiled. 

"Kirstie and Jeremy."

Scott stiffened, recalling Mitch's earlier threat and gulping. "Don't hurt them." 

"I don't know... the tall one bothers me." Scott gritted his teeth and shook his head, trying to figure out how to get the couple out of here before Mitch hurt one of them. He slowly got to his feet and nearly fell over as sudden wave of dizziness crashed over him. 

"Whatever. Let's go." Scott mumbled and slowly trudged out of the room, wringing his hands together anxiously. He heard Mitch's soft footsteps behind him, just inches from his feet. Scott entered the living room and met Kirstie's eyes immediately. She tilted her head and frowned.

Slowly, Scott sank down onto the couch, trying not to hiss as he became aware of how battered his body was. He clenched his jaw as Mitch sat beside him and got comfortable underneath his arm. The amount of effort he was putting into this was somewhat terrifying. 

"So, Scott," Kirstie turned her head to her friend and raised an eyebrow, her eyes filled with concern and suspicion. "How do you two meet?" Mitch's hand snaked behind Scott's back, his nails scraping against one of the bruises. 

"We met at a club." Scott replied hollowly, struggling to maintain eye contact with Kirstie. He wanted to tell her that he needed help, but he couldn't let Mitch hurt her. He would never forgive himself. Kirstie sighed and looked over at Jeremy, who was staring directly at Mitch.

Mitch turned his head and met Jeremy's eyes, curling his lip in obvious distaste. Jeremy looked somewhat startled and averted his gaze, his brows furrowing as he sank into a deep thought. Kirstie cocked her head and turned to Mitch. "How exactly did you both meet?" 

Mitch plastered on a painfully fake smile and shrugged. "Some guys spiked my drink and were trying to take me home with them. Scotty here," he turned and pressed his lips to Scott's cheek for effect, "noticed that something looked a little strange and confronted the dudes. One thing led to the next and now we're here." 

Kirstie narrowed her eyes, but nodded slowly. "Scott, I wasn't aware you went clubbing again." Scott's eyes widened in realization and Mitch's eyes narrowed, hoping Scott said the right thing.