Chapter 4

Nicole

I felt a bit uneasy so I excused myself from Bryson after asking him to watch DJ and stepped outdoors for some cool refreshing air. I thought about Rich. Why does he keep doing this to me? I knew who the man was. But I kept it cool for Bryson because I didn't want him to get involved. Rich is dangerous. Back in Atlanta being his girlfriend all I wanted to do was be an artist. But with Rich, he wanted to live a double life of street and fame. No matter how hard I tried to get away he just keeps popping up. My son doesn't deserve this at all. He deserves to be happy first and foremost, and live a normal life. Not the one Rich is creating for him.

Speaking of the devil, I hear a low chuckle and look up to see the man of the hour himself.

"How you doing?" He asked me smiling.

Resisting the urge to slap him, I just cut to the chase. "Rich what do you really want? This has to stop. DJ doesn't need this and neither do I. Leave us alone." I stated sharply.

"Nah. I'm not. You went behind my back one too many times. You've lied to me over and over. I'm done trying to trust you." He spat.

"Rich I am not your child! DJ is! I don't need you monitoring me. I'm grown as hell and I do what I wanna do! You don't run me." I said getting frustrated.

"Well whatever I'm still gone do what I wanna do which is watch y'all. And stay away from Bryson unless you wanna drag him into this mess too. You know I don't have no problem."

"Obviously you do threatening me and Bryson. You don't even know him well enough to keep tabs. Do me a favor. Stay away before I fight fire with fire."

"Give it your best shot."

Bryson

Nicole was taking forever. I got worried so I told Harley to stay in the play area and watch DJ for a second. I walked out doors to see her fussing with Rich. She was really heated.

"You as-" she stopped abruptly when she saw me.

"What's going on." I demanded.

"Nothing Bryson. Go back inside I got it." She retorted.

"Nah baby you don't. Who's messing with you ma? Rich?" I asked boldly.

"Haah, I knew you were fucking this man." Rich laughed.

"Yo my man. Chill." I said to him.

"Nigga who you talking to?" He said walking up to me. I flashed my pistol. He backed off grinning. Nicole looked at me with bucked eyes.

"Aight. Cool." Rich said grinning all the way to his car and pulling off.

"Bryson!!!! Why do you have a gun and do you know what the hell you just did?" She screamed.

"Yeah and yeah. See babe, you have to buck back sometimes. Some people you can't dust off. He's one of them. And don't try me cause you know I'm not weak. Despite my music, I'm a with the shit." I stated.

"Okay Bryson can we just go home, please. Let's grab the kids." She rushed off back into the building.

I know Nicole may not know it but I'm deeply in love with her. I look at us as our own family, which I'm so on fighting for. Nobody is gonna tear us apart and anyone that tries will get knocked off. I'm just that serious about the matter. Me and Rich now have a problem.