Chapter 2

Prince Dean

Dean's POV

"DADDY!!!" I heard the angry high pitched scream of my younger sister and rolled my eyes.

Oh god, she found out. I was a dead man.

My sister stomped into the room with an unpleasant expression on her face. My father and mother both looked at me, telling me to prepare for the worst.

"What is it, darling?" My mother asked her.

"Why does he get to go to public school while I have to be homeschooled by the butler." My younger sister crossed her arms and waited for an answer.

"The butler has a name." I muttered under my breath.

"Well, Dean asked to go to public school. He's seventeen now and should make a few friends before he steps up to be king." Father explained.

"But you always said that every king and queen in the country has been homeschooled. So why does he get to go and be king!?" She whined.

"Because I don't whine to our father about everything." I wiped my mouth with the napkin and pushed out my chair. "Excuse me."

Being a prince was absolutely stressful. Everyone was always complaining about everything and tradition was the only way to do things. I just wanted to be free and do my own thing for once.

The name is Dean Simonds and I am royalty. Let me tell you, it's not as fabulous as it seems. Whenever I actually go outside, a crowd stampedes over me just to talk to me or get a selfie.

But today, I would be freed. Because I was going to secondary school.

"What do people wear to public school?" I asked myself as I walked through my closet.

I settled for a freshly pressed dress shirt and pants along with a grey tie. Hopefully the people there would be dressed like I was.

"Sir, it's time for school." The butler, Ricardo, came in and said.

I nodded and walked downstairs with Ricardo following me. After saying goodbye to my parents, I got into the back of the car. All I could do was wonder how this day was going to go.

"Have you ever been to public school, Ricardo?" I asked as he parked.

"No sir, but I've seen the monstrosity that it is." He replied as he opened the door for me.

I looked at the huge building in amazement and saw all of the students walking inside. This was going to be different but I knew I would like it.

"I'll be back to pick you up at two, sir." Ricardo said and drove off.

With a sigh, I started my walk. It was then that the mob of crazy people formed.

"Oh my god, is that Prince Dean?" Some girl shouted.

"Bullocks." I muttered and started running as fast as I could.

The crowd chased me into the building and wouldn't stop to get to me, I turned into what seemed to be the main office.

"Dear lord, you're the prince." The secretary gasped and straightened her pantsuit.

"Hi." I smiled. "I just enrolled here."

"Oh, yes. Let me get your schedule, your majesty."

"You don't have to call me that."

She handed me my schedule with a bright smile and I took it, thanking her and walking out.

Now came the unbelievably difficult task of actually finding my classes. I looked around like a lost puppy as I walked around and was afraid to ask because someone might recognize me.

I crashed into someone, sending us both flying backward and papers going everywhere. I looked up to see paint brushes and a mug sprawled out on the floor next to the person I had just crashed into.

My eyes met with bright green ones that had my full attention. The boy was skinny and had very messy dirty blond hair. His shirt was stained from the paint water that he was carrying.

"Dude, what the fuck?" He groaned and got up to grab all of his papers.

An American. Interesting.

"My apologies! I didn't see you there. Here I'll pay for your shirt and dry cleaning. How much was it? A hundred? Two hundred?" I said and took my wallet out.

"I don't want your god damn money, okay? Now leave me the hell alone." He growled and walked on.

Stubborn, but I liked a challenge. Plus that American accent made him all the more interesting. I had a feeling I would be seeing that boy again.