Chapter 6

Jonah

Dean's POV

I plopped down on my bed with a sigh. Today had been very stressful but at least I made a few new friends. Jay and Ethan seemed nice so I guess I had them.

Ethan... why couldn't I stop thinking about him? We were just friends but I wanted to somehow be more than that. His blond hair was perfectly styled and those doughy eyes made my heart happy.

Wait, what?

I wasn't attracted to boys. I liked girls. Yeah, girls and boobs and yeah! Okay, maybe not the boobs part since I respect all women and think that they should do what they please with their bodies.

Letting out a sigh, I sat up and buried my hands in my face. What was wrong with me? I had never really thought about what gender I was attracted to because I didn't have the time. Father always kept me busy with the whole 'preparing to be king' thing.

"Sir, is everything okay?" Ricardo asked me as he stepped into my room.

"Just fine, thanks." I replied.

"Jonah is here to see you."

"Thank you." I sighed, and stood up.

Jonah was an old friend of mine. We used to play together as toddlers but got separated when our fathers gave us responsibilities. I hadn't seen him in years.

"Dean!" Jonah rushed over and practically jumped into my arms.

"Good to see you, mate." I chuckled and hugged him tight. "How long are you staying?"

"Few weeks. I needed a vacation."

"Where are your parents."

He hesitated. "They had to attend to private matters so they dropped me and left for Manchester."

"Well, I'll have Ricardo bring your bags to the guest room and we can catch up over tea."

"Sounds fantastic."

.     .     .

"No way, she actually said that to you!?" I said, bursting out laughing.

"Well, then she gave me a nice smack across the face." Jonah chuckled.

"But she was the one snogging with another boy!"

"I know!"

"That's hilarious." I grinned. "I'm so glad your back. I missed talking to someone who's actually my age."

"So how's public school?"

"Utter hell. There's a mob of fans who keep following me and chasing me down. Apparently they want me to marry them or something."

"That's half of the population of England though."

"I know. The worst part is the schoolwork. There's so much and it's just stressful."

"Why don't you go back to homeschooling?"

"Because if I have to stay in a room learning with my sister again, I'll die of boredom. Literally."

"Well, that will all change when the wedding comes around."

"Wedding? What wedding?"

"Hasn't your father discussed it with you yet?"

"No."

"Arranged marriage is a tradition with the oncoming king. In order to take the throne you have to marry a girl that will be your queen."

Marrying? A girl? Why hadn't anyone told me about this!? Oh bullocks, I was screwed!