Chapter 10

'Jackie and Harry to be Reunited in Las Vegas!'

'Prince Harry is returning from a 20-week deployment in Afghanistan, where he is serving as an Apache helicopter pilot with the Army Air Corps, the U.K. Ministry of Defence has revealed.'

'In interviews conducted in Afghanistan, Harry, 28, third in line to the British throne, described feeling boredom, frustration and satisfaction during a tour that saw him kill Taliban fighters on missions in support of ground troops. He also spoke of his struggle to balance his job as an army officer with his royal role — and his relief at the chance to be "one of the guys."'

'Stationed at Camp Bastion, a sprawling British base in the southern Afghan desert, the Duke- known as Capt. Wales in the military- flew scores of missions as a co-pilot gunner, sometimes firing rockets and missiles at Taliban fighters.'

'Harry's second tour in Afghanistan went more smoothly than the first, in 2007-08, which was cut short after 10 weeks when a magazine and websites disclosed details of his whereabouts. British media had agreed to a news blackout on security grounds. This time, the media were allowed limited access to the prince in return for not reporting operational details.'

'Harry shared a bunk with his copilot, David Abbott, in a basic accommodation block made from shipping containers, and passed the time between callouts playing video games and watching movies with his fellow officers. His security detail accompanied him on base, but not when flying.'

'"It's as normal as it's going to get," Harry said of the arrangement. "I'm one of the guys. I don't get treated any differently."

'But he said he still received unwanted attention at Camp Bastion, which is home to thousands of troops.'

'"For me it's not that normal because I go into the cookhouse and everyone has a good old gawp, and that's one thing that I dislike about being here," he said. "Because there's plenty of guys in there that have never met me, therefore look at me as Prince Harry and not as Capt. Wales, which is frustrating."'

'And of course, the Prince spoke of his new wife, Jacqueline Baker, who he was forced to leave behind after just 3 weeks of marriage. "You know, I obviously miss her more than words can explain. She's my wife and my best friend, so I definitely feel it, yeah."' When shown clips of his wife, now styled HRH Jacqueline, Duchess of Windsor, performing her first public duties without him, he said, "I'm incredibly lucky to have found the right person who was willing to jump into all this. She's just- she's just so great. The most incredible person I've ever met."'

'Watching Jackie Baker take on her new role as Duchess of Windsor over the past few months has been exciting, however, seeing the reunion of Harry and Jackie is a moment we've all been waiting for. Luckily, that moment will happen in just 3 days!'

'Jackie will be arriving in the US with brother and sister-in-law, the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, for an appearance at the Wizarding World of Harry Potter in Orlando, FL later today. After their 2 day stint in Orlando, according to an inside source, the royal trio will part ways, Will and Kate returning home to the UK, and Jackie jetting off to Las Vegas, where she will reunite with her husband.'

'It is reported from the inside source that Harry and a few close friends, who are also ending their deployment, will be traveling from Camp Bastion to an Air Force Base in London, before boarding a private jet for the long flight from London to Las Vegas. Reportedly, they are hoping for a well deserved vacation after a straining 4 months in Afghanistan.'

'The DailyMail will continue to post updates on the reunion of Prince Harry and Jackie Baker as they arrive.'

---

Jackie rolled her eyes, "Of course," she mumbled to herself.

The tabloids had caught on to the "secret" plan, citing an inside source. It was a common occurrence in the Royal Family for stories to be leaked by lower level staff, such as kitchen cooks, maids, and repairmen. It was often impossible to keep everything from them, and because the palace employed so many, it was nearly impossible to determine who exactly had leaked the story. So, the vacation Jackie and Harry had planned to keep quiet was already public before it even began.

---

"How magical," Jackie said, taking in Hogsmeade Village in Universal Studios Orlando.

Jackie, Kate, and Will were taking a tour of the soon-to-be-opened theme park, accompanied by a select amount of guests, mostly children and families involved with one of the Royal Foundation's charities.

They were served cold butterbeer from a costumed vendor, explored the shops, and even gifted with their own wands. Will was given Harry Potter's, Kate Hermione Granger's, and Jackie Ron Weasley's, because, as the shopkeeper joked, she "loved gingers".

"That's very true," Jackie said with a laugh, the photographers jumping to get shots of the exchange. Jackie found that the public ate up moments when she, Harry, Kate, or Will spoke of their personal lives or relationships, so the paps were always keen on getting such quotes.

They were given an exclusive tour of Hogwarts Castle, and even given a brief lesson on spell-casting, which they practiced with their new wands

They were given an exclusive tour of Hogwarts Castle, and even given a brief lesson on spell-casting, which they practiced with their new wands. Jackie was having a wonderful time- she had read all the Harry Potter books and seen the movies, and it was incredibly exciting to see the world of Harry Potter come to life.

After riding the main attraction ride in the castle, Jackie, Kate, and Will spent time with the children, checking out the shops and chatting about Harry Potter. Despite her surroundings, Jackie was having trouble focusing on what she was doing. All she could think about was that in 3 days, she was going to see Harry.

---

Thanks for reading!

Who has an idea of what is going to happen when Jackie and Harry are reunited in Vegas? :)