The Guardian Angel

Mourning too deep,
Swirling storm around,
Turn into someone,
That will make her proud.

There was nothing stopping Alexander now, he was angry and the world knew it. The bad weather and the tsunami brewing with rise of his anger had everyone worried.

"Make him stop, this is madness." King said tiredly.

It was clear he was in pain after losing his wife, the Queen but he was the King and he did not have time to grieve.

"No one is able to get through to him." Adonael replied curtly.

"Has Alicia tried?" He asked.

"She is still in mourning herself." This time Haylien replied.

"Ask her before her brother destroys the world."

Haylien nodded and bowing lightly he left.

"Queen was the only one that kept a leash on him." Adonael said.

"I am worried Adonael, his behaviour has not always been angelic but what he did with Dethura was intense. Now with his mother gone, he might go rogue." King said sounding worried and sad at same time.

"He is good at heart, slightly mischievous but good nevertheless." Adonael defended Alexander.

"He is too powerful for any of us to handle Adonael." King contradicted.

"I will talk to Alicia , Your Highness." He said and left.

King sighed and allowed a tear to trickle down as he was alone now. He took sharp breath to get rid of heaviness in his heart but he knew too well, nothing will work on his grief. He had just lost his fated one, this scar will never heal.

***

There was a knock on the door and Alexander ignored it as usual. He was not in mood to talk to anyone.

"Brother, you are destroying everything mother died to protect." Alicia said.

Alexander attention immediately shifted to her voice, his sharp senses told him she had been crying, her voice was thick and she was hurt. He got up and tiredly walked towards the door to open it. He knew the only person hurting like him would be his sister.

As he opened the door, he winced on seeing Alicia's condition. She was pale and had no angel glow around her. There were dark circles around her eyes and her eyes were red with all the cry. She smiled weakly at him and he gestured her to enter his room.

"There is a tsunami building due to your bad mood and I had no idea you were this powerful." She said looking at nothing in particular.

"Well now you do. I can't control it and I am too sad to do it." He said flatly and sat next to her.

"Mother mentioned you last before dying." Alicia said after a while of silence.

Alexander choked back cry building in him.

"Was she in too much pain?" He asked quietly too scared to listen the answer.

"Protecting was in her genes, a guardian angel is made to take pain so I guess she might not have been in that much pain." Alicia said in an obvious effort not to hurt Alexander.

"I know you are in pain, trust me I know more than you think and I noticed so is Father. He was crying last night and it has already been two weeks. But just try to think about that smile on her face and do what you think will bring that smile, make her proud of you as she already was." Alicia said gently and seriously so unlike herself.