Chapter 18: Left unspoken

Okay this is the end of the story. This was a hard chapter to write.  Thank you all for reading, I trully appreciate it.

One week later

Emma's funeral was full of people who were crying at the ceremony. However Regina felt she had no more tears left.

The room was filled with pictures of the blonde. And Regina could recall all of them by either experiencing it with Emma or by the stories Emma shared with her.

Once the ceremony was over it was time for the burial. The U.S. military set a touching ceremony for Emma. But all Regina wanted to do was run to the casket not wanting her love to be six feet under. Once they removed the flag on the casket they folded it and handed it to Emma's old foster family.

As people began to leave once she was buried. Katherine hugged Regina tightly as well as Mary Margaret and David. They didn't get any reaction from the burnette. She only slowly twirled a single red rose in her hands.

Until her eyes meet a distraught Killian Jones in front of her. She glared at the man who gave her hell.

"Regina I.."

Regina didnt let him finish and  slapped him across his face. The sound caused people to turn to see what happened.  Regina's hand was beginning to turn red from the hard hit.

Killian nodded his head as he turned back to her.

"Okay..I deserved that" he said quietly

Anger boiled in Regina and smacked him once again. The side of Killian's face was turning bright red. He lightly put is hand on his cheek from the pain.

Regina leaned in and pointed her finger in his face.

"That was for making my life a living hell! " She said in a tone that was never heard before.

Killian gulped from the tone of  her voice.

Regina raised her hand once again but before she could slap him. He raised his hands foward.

"Wwait wait! Regina please! I'm here to apologize. " He said quickly.

The burnette slowly put down her hand. And Killian relaxed.

"I'm sorry love, I trully am, I'm sorry for everything that I did. I knew Emma deserved better. You were that better. You and Emma had a connection we never had ...and I was jealous of it.  And I'm sorry. I'm so sorry Regina. " He said whole heartedly.

Yeah but that connection and  everything I had is gone!!

Regina's eyes watered and she raised her hand ready to strike again.

"For what it's worth, I think she loved you too" he said not looking at Regina's hand raised. But Regina's eyes.

Slowly her hand came down and looked away from the man. Killian took that cue to leave Regina alone.

He thought Emma loved me too?

Regina was speechless. In a matter of fact she hadn't talked at all during the whole funeral. Once everyone left it was only Robin and Regina standing near the grave.

A hand lightly touched Regina's shoulder.

"Dear it's getting late. I know she meant a lot to you but we really should get going" he said softy.

Regina didn't even look at him. She just kept staring straight ahead.

"I need a minute...." She said quietly.