Mates? What's that?

"And that's how I came back to Rose Hills..." i sighed as I looked down at the ground nervously.

I had told them everything that had happened since the day Ray had turned into a beast. It was overwhelming to be honest to review all that had happened since that day. It felt like I was cutting through a scar again.

I looked up and no one had said anything. Till Zed broke the silence. "Mimi, we're so sorry for all that you had to go through. We were young. Ray was young. we didn't know how else to tell you that we were werewolves. So we just tried to hide it." He paused for a brief second before he continued.

"After you left... things changed. Ray has been a cruel Alpha. He started waging unnecessary wars and thus resulting Rose Hills to be a strong pack but we are unhappy. If this goes on this pack is going to spilt and we are gonna face hate from the people."

This was not the Ray that I know. He was kind. He was sweet. He was not this man that they were describing.
But I still can't forgive him.

"But I can't do anything about Ray..mond." I almost called him Ray again.

"Yes you can you guys are mates." Clara argued.

"Mates? What's that?" I voiced out my thoughts. I have never heard of this.

"Mates is short for soul mates. The legend goes as that the Moon Goddess cursed the race of werewolves after a werewolf had betrayed her. She made us in such a way that our perfect partner existed. So when you meet your mate there's a unexplainable bond that only grows stronger as you love and live together." Clara went on.

"Doesn't sound like a curse to me..." My eyebrow was lifted what does this have to do with anything?

"Well if you find your mate and thy leave you or they die the pain will drive a wolf into insanity ultimately causing them to die." She said with a great expression.

"Oh."I replied shocked. So if I was Ray's mate....I was bound to him forever ?

"Yes." Zed replied.

I looked at him shocked did he just...read my mind?

He knew what my gaze meant "No I did not read your mind, you said that aloud." He replied with a chuckle.

I looked at him sheepishly. Before asking questions on this whole mate thing.

Alot of things made sense. Why my mum couldn't move on since my dad was her mate. Why I kept thinking of Ray since the bond ensures that mates don't stay away for too long.

"Since Ray is an Alpha - the leader of our pack and you are his mate -the luna which means the moon goddess, you and him have a more stronger bond. But due to you being away from him for so long he is becoming ruthless and if you don't get back together soon he's going to go insane slowly." Aria said with worry.

I gasped. This is all too much. How can I get back with Ray. So much has happened. Is he even still the same person? Am I still the same person ?

Raymond's P.O.V

Something was different. I just could not focus on my current tasks. The war should be going on for the next few weeks but I have this sudden urge to go back to Rose Hills.

I looked ahead at my soilders sleeping. We had to finish what we started. Maybe just a little faster than expected.

Hopefully this pack willingly give up by tomorrow. They have lost more men then they should have. I closed my eyes and tried to sleep but my thoughts were consumed by a certain pair of eyes. She was still that sixteen year old run away.

I gritted my teeth. Only if she had listened to what I had to say. It was my fault. I should have just talked to her instead of giving her space.

What has all this led to? Just destruction. She didn't even attempt to make contact all these years. How could she do this to me? To us. I know she doesn't know about mates but sure as hell she too could feel the bond. The bond that she will never be able to create with anyone else.

I am so angry at her and her rash decisions. If only she stayed things would have been different. Well i have to forget about her.

I never want to see her again.

Some decisions that we make will be regretted throughout out lives and sadly Naomi. Is one of them...