Chapter Three: First Day

The gleam of light shone in through the gaps of the silver silk curtains. Clara groaned as she felt the sunlight on her face. She lay in bed contemplating whether to force herself up as her levels of consciousness slowly increased.

Allison tip toed out of the bathroom in her bathrobes with her golden locks tied in a bun and greeted her with a smile. "Good morning, you," Allison greeted, extending her hand to help Clara up.

She gladly took her hand, muttering a 'good morning' to Allison and got out of bed, walking over to the mirror. "I look like a troll," Clara bawled and carried on to do her morning routine as Allison waited outside in her Slytherin uniform.

Clara finally wore her tie, passing Marcus Avery on their way out to the Great Hall. "Really digging the uniform on you, Grey," he winked and Clara laughed it off, her eyes searching for Tom as they exited the Dungeons.

Allison asked her about what happened last night with Tom Riddle after she left and Clara explained everything, conveniently leaving out the details, of course.

Clara buttered some toasts and cleared her throat to ask Allison all she knew about Tom. "He's.. dangerous; you must stay away from him, Clara. He's charming but he's trouble," Allison exhaled, looking at Clara worriedly.

"He's every teacher's favorite, every girl's crush but everyone also fears him, Clara. He's got a dark side you don't want to see. It was rather surprising that he actually spoke to you courteously and didn't hex you or something."

Clara furrowed her eyebrows in confusion. "But why? Why's everyone so afraid of him?" she queried, sipping some pumpkin juice from her goblet.

"Well, he's intimidating. And the way he glares.. it's terrifying to even look in his way." Clara giggled as Professor Slughorn approached their table, handing out the schedules to every student.

Clara thanked the Professor and examined her timetable. She had Potions by Professor Horace Slughorn first, Arithmancy by Professor Septima Vector second, Transfiguration by Professor Albus Dumbledore third, followed by the lunch break. Defense Against The Dark Arts by Professor Galatea Merrythought was her fourth period, Ancient Runes by Professor Bathsheda Babbling fifth, and the last period, the sixth period, Divination by Professor Cassandra Trelawney.

The timetable was the same for every day of the week except Friday. On Fridays, she had an extra curricular class - Art. The only reason Clara ever agreed to join Hogwarts.

"Hey, look, we have 2 classes together!" Allison exclaimed, looking from Clara's schedule to her own. Clara grinned happily at Allison and noted that they had Transfiguration and D.A.DA. together.

"Grey," said a voice right behind Clara, startling her a bit. She looked up to see who it was although she already knew.

"I believe, for the first period, we have Potions together?" Tom Riddle questioned as a few girls around them gasped. Clara raised an eyebrow before nodding her head. How did he know? "Well, then, shall we?" he motioned towards the big doors of the Great Hall, his signature smirk refusing to leave his face.

Clara was confused but got up nevertheless, "I'll see you at Transfiguration," she smiled at Allison who was just as confused as Clara was. Tom walked beside her as they exited the Great Hall, earning a lot of dumbfounded expressions and gasps.
Tom glared at a group of girls who seemed to be gossiping about the same and maintained a neutral expression as they walked towards the Dungeons, where the Potions classroom was.