Chapter Four: Slug Club

Tom entered the Divination classroom, his followers and some of his fangirls right behind him. He spotted the girl sitting on the second seat of the third row.

He smirked as he saw her looking at him and their eyes connected. He thought she'd turn away but she didn't, she continued staring at him with a smirk.

Clara's eyes looked past him and she waved at someone behind Tom. Tom's jaw clenched when he saw Marcus waving back at her.

Tom shot a death glare at him, and Marcus Avery seemed completely oblivious to it. He walked past Tom and sat himself next to Clara, whispering something into her ear that made her laugh lightly.

Tom pursed his lips as she tucked a strand of hair behind her ear with a smile on her face and nodded, looking at Marcus.

Tom took a seat next to Malfoy on the first bench of the first row as Professor Trelawney arrived. She blabbered on and Tom tuned out, there was nothing that she could teach that he didn't already know.

He took one glance at Clara, who seemed to be laughing at something that Avery was saying from time to time, before informing Abraxas Malfoy about his next mission.

;

"I hope you've returned with answers, Malfoy," spoke a deep, raspy voice.

"Of course, my Lord. She, indeed, is the one," Abraxas said, with a bow, carefully watching Tom who was fiddling with an old book in his hand.

Marcus Avery snickered, "Is that why you've been chatting her up, Riddle? So that she helps you on your way to greatness? Because you believe she's your 'soulmate'! 'Til a week back, you didn't even believe in love-" he spat the word 'soulmate' as if it annoyed him to even say it but Lestrange clutched Avery's shoulder, asking him to back down.

Malfoy shot him a warning look, knowing Tom was enraged. If looks could kill, Avery would have been six feet under the ground already.

Tom threw the book into a corner and pointed his wand at Marvus's neck, grabbed him by his collar and pushed him back hard, his head hitting the wall.

"You dare call me by my name? You dare question me? Have you learned nothing, Avery?" Tom hissed, his wand pointing at him.

Marcus grimaced in pain and gathered the courage to speak up again, trying get out of Tom's grip. Lestrange and Malfoy had grim looks on their face that hoped he would learn to not speak up against the Lord.

"Leave the girl out of it," Marcus spoke, his voice shaking. "She would never join you nor be with you, never."

Tom's eyes turned black, a fierce look on his face. "Leave," Tom said in a shrill voice.

"Do you seriously believe-" Marcus tried to argue but Tom had had enough, "Leave!" He growled.

Marcus glared at Tom one last time before Abraxas and Anthony grabbed him by the shoulders and forced him to leave with them. Tom gritted his teeth and picked up the book from the floor. He slipped his wand into his pockets as he left the Room of Requirement.

Marcus Avery was going to face consequences for his behaviour, but just not yet. Tom would be sure to teach him his lesson, but just not yet.