Chapter Seven

Chapter Seven

     Chelsie stared out the window as they drove over the New York turnpike and then realized that it was officially midnight on Thanksgiving morning, she knew why she hated holidays it was because they always brought bad days with them.

     “Happy Thanksgiving everyone,” Chelsie smiled looking into the backseat.

     “It’s Thanksgiving?” Colin asked shocked.

     “Yeah its midnight,” smiled Chelsie.

     “Oh well happy Thanksgiving,” Aiden said kissing Chelsie’s hand since he was driving.

     “I know its midnight but do you think we could get food?” asked Heather.

     “Ditto I’m starving,” Chelsie said. Aiden looked at her puzzled then remembered what their dinner plans had been and then understood.

     “After we check in we should get food,” Colin suggested.

     “Smart idea,” Aiden said nodding his head.

     As they drove into the city everyone discussed places to stay and decided on the Crown Plaza. Since it was the weekend the group decided on staying two days instead of just one and got a small suite for everyone to share. It was huge for the Crown Plaza to call it small. Stepping up two steps to enter a large living room of rich brown furniture and white accents. Behind the living room was a small kitchen area and to the left and right were the bedrooms with separate bathrooms.

     After quickly unpacking everyone went to get breakfast at small corner diner that was still open surprisingly. Once finished they went back to the hotel to take a nap before waking to watch the parade out of their windows. When the parade was over they fell right back asleep before going out for dinner at Chelsie’s family restaurant, if not they would have been eating room service if they could have gotten through the busy tone. Afterwards Chelsie decided to surprise Heather to make up for ruining her date.

     “Where are you taking me I’m freezing,” complained Heather.

     “We just walked to the corner if you turn around you’re right back at the hotel,” Chelsie said annoyed.

     “Well I’m sorry I didn’t dress warn enough.”

     “You’ve lived in New York your whole life cold is not something new,” Chelsie said crossing the street.

     “How much farther?” Heather asked.

     “We . . . are . . . here.”

     “Wait I’ve seen this place before.”

     Chelsie smiled as Heather turned around in circles trying to figure out where she had seen the building before finally she had to tell her. “It’s the old Total Request Live building,” she laughed.

     “Wait this was where it was filmed?”

     “That’s above us but in front of us is the MTV store,” explained Chelsie.

     “I love you!” exclaimed Heather hugging her. She loved MTV and always had tried to figure out where Chelsie had gotten all her things from now she knew she was in heaven.

     “Hurry up the store closes soon,” Chelsie warned.

     Chelsie enjoyed watching Heather run around the store like a chicken with it’s head cut off trying to buy everything in sight but that joy was soon killed. They had barely been in there twenty minutes when Colin called about Aiden being in a craze drunken fit and Heather had their room key. By the time Heather and Chelsie got to the hotel Colin had lost Aiden and they had to look for him before they could get him to the room. Once Colin and Chelsie got Aiden to the room he past out as soon as his head hit the pillow. Frustrated they all called it a night tired from the drive and the long night.