#2.2 He's a Mermaid: Luke

You went to the beach with the boys for the first time, staying at Luke's private beach house, and not even Ashton, Calum, or Michael had been here before. They had a two week break, and they decided to spend it with you and Luke at Luke's private beach. You were really stoked for swimming in the water, even though Luke didn't seem too thrilled about it.

You all unpacked your bags already, and you also had your first night's sleep. In the morning, or rather 2:00 in the afternoon, all of you were up eating the pancakes you had made with Luke. Luke had burned a couple pancakes, and he offered to be the one to eat them.

You finished yours first, mostly because you didn't eat much, and you decided to go change into your purple two piece bathing suit. When you had finished, you walked back into Luke's room to find him in swimming trunks. He walked over to you, smiling, and he grabbed your waist, pulling you into his warm chest.

He kissed your forehead gently three times, each one long and meaningful, and he asked if you really wanted to go swimming.

"Yeah, Luke. Of course I do. Is there something wrong?" You asked.

He sighed before replying. "No, I'm alright. I don't think I'm going to get in the water today."

"Oh, alright," you replied sadly.

"Sorry to disappoint you, (Y/n)," he apologised.

"It's okay, Luke. Maybe tomorrow?"

"Maybe." You knew this probably meant no, but you still hoped he would.

The both of you met the boys, who were all in black swimming trunks, at the front door, and you all walked out to the empty beach. You jumped right into the water, Michael following you, and you splashed water at him. Michael pushed you into the water, and you fell. Luke panicked a little before you stood back up, and then he relaxed a little as you yelled and declared war on Michael.

Luke called to you, telling you to be careful, and you nodded before pushing Michael down in revenge. Michael laughs at you and he throws you over his shoulder.

Luke, however, didn't find this very amusing, and he yelled at Michael from the sand. Michael didn't listen to Luke, and he wadded deeper into the water until it was up to his chest. You begged Michael to put you down, but Michael shook his head. "Two options," he smirked. "One, you call uncle and admit I win, or two, get Luke to come out here and get you."

"Well, I'm not going to call uncle, but Luke said he didn't want to get in the water today."

"Then you're stuck up here, (Y/n)," Michael chuckled. You saw Luke nervously run his fingers through his hair as Ashton and Calum came to join in Michael's fun. You pounded on Michael's back as hard as you could, but he didn't give. You gave up, and Michael laughed triumphantly as you gave in. He wadded you to the shore, where Luke wrapped you into a huge hug. He was the only one who knew you couldn't swim, so, naturally, he worried about you when you were in the water.

"I'm fine, Luke," you insisted through his constant "are you alright"s. He sighed and let you out of his deathly tight grip. You were about to go back into the water to mess around with the boys some more, while Luke watched of course, but Ashton and Calum had other ideas. They grabbed Luke's arms and legs, lifting him off of the ground, and they ran him clumsily toward the water.

Luke yelled and begged for them to stop, but they didn't listen. They threw him into the water, which was three feet deep where he made impact, but Luke didn't come back up. You saw him begin to swim through the water quickly, pushing past you with tremendous force, and you yelled for him to come back.

However, you froze when you saw a giant tail pop out of the water for a split second, with Luke's forehead a short distance away, before Luke dived underwater. You began to run to go and get him back, but Calum quickly held you back.

"LUKE!" You screamed, hoping he would come back. You thrashed your shoulders wildly, trying to get out of Calum's grip, but it was no use. Calum was too strong.

You began to sob harder than ever, collapsing on the sand. You silently pleaded for Luke to come back.

You wanted his hugs that no one could beat.

You wanted to see his blue eyes.

You wished with all of your heart that he wasn't gone.

You needed him to be happy. He'd always said to find something that made you happy, and to not let anyone take it away from you.

But he was what made you happy.

And he took it away from you.

You curled into a ball, crying your eyes out and loosing track of time. You snapped back into reality as you heard Ashton's voice. "(Y/n)?"

You looked up from your knees and into the ocean, and you saw a blonde haired boy looking at you. "LUKE!"

He had tears in his eyes when he made eye contact with you, and you jumped up and ran to him, not caring how deep the water was. Luke began to worry as the water got up to your shoulders. He swam to you in a panic, his head under the water, and he popped up in front of you. You're noses were less than an inch apart, and you wrapped him into a tight hug.

"Please stay! I don't care if you're a fish or a spider or whatever! You say to find something that makes you happy, and not to let anyone take it from you. You're what makes me happy, and I can't lose you!" You cried into his shoulder.

He took in a shaky breath, and he hugged you back. "I'm so, so sorry, (Y/n). You deserve better than a fish."

"No one is better than you, Luke. I need you to stay," you begged.

"I'm not going anywhere, (Y/n). I promise."

"Good," you sighed.

He looked at you. "Looks like I've ended up swimming today anyway," he smiled.

"And you're going to stay in the water with me. No backing out this time," you smiled back.

"Trust me, I'm sticking with you. We're gonna have a boat load of fun!"

"Boat load? Really."

"Something water related, (Y/n), geez. Get into the program," he laughed as the other boys swam over to you to start the fun.