Chapter Seven

Addy woke up warm. Her wrists were sore, and even though her head was healed, it was still pounding. She groaned as she tilted her head up. The bright light was shaded by the trees. She tried moving, but chains around her wrists stopped her.

"Are you fucking kidding me?" She tried pulling at them again. Addison was tied to a tree. Out of all things: a tree. The sun was high in the sky, so it was probably around noon. She knew her brother would be worrying about her. She didn't have her phone, and if she did, it probably would have been taken.

"You're not going to get out of those."

"I will, and I'm going to fucking kill you when I do!" Addy shouted, pulling against the restraints. She glared daggers at the blonde boy in front of her. He pulled a phone out of his pocket: Liam's phone. He pressed a few things on the screen before holding it out.

It rang a few times before the other line answered. Garrett walked closer to her. She was thankful in a way. Now she could actually hear the conversation.

"Liam?"

"Sounds like you already know the answer to that, Scott." Garrett smirked. He put a finger up to his lips for Addy to be quiet. She glared again but didn't say anything. She didn't exactly have the upper hand.

"Where are they?"

"Come on. Like I'm actually going to tell you that." Garrett twirled the lacrosse stick in his free hand.

"I'll give you the money."

"Yeah, you will. But that's not going to get you both of them back. You're going to need to put in a little more effort than that." Addy bit her lip from yelling out. Instead, she looked around to see where she was. It was in the woods, probably deep into the preserve.

"What do you want?" Addy's real concern was Liam. He was probably poisoned with wolfsbane, and once that reached his heart, he'd die.

"I want the money. And Violet. Or you never see Liam or Addy again." Garrett stepped away, making it hard for her to hear. It was just mumbles here and there.

"You want me to attack a car? That's your plan?" Addy heard Scott over the phone. That was a terrible plan. She couldn't hold her tongue this time as she shouted out.

"Scott! Don't do it!"

Garrett glared at her. He knew the wolfsbane wasn't going to affect her, but getting cut was still going to hurt. She screamed in pain as the sharp edge made a cut into her arm.

"Addy? Addy! What the hell did you do to her?"  Scott shouted. He didn't care if someone heard him, although he doubted anyone would; the hallway was empty.

"Your little bitch is fine. You're an alpha. If you can't stop one little car, then one little beta is going to die." Addy struggled against the chains. The tree bark scratched against her bare legs. "I stabbed your boy with wolfsbane. Once it gets to the heart, bad things happen."

Garrett held the phone up to Addy, threatening her if she said anything about where she was. "Scott! Scott you have to tell my brother that I'm fine. Make up some lie, I don't care. Just tell him not to worry, okay?" She was worried about him more than she was worried about herself. 

"Addy where are you? Are you okay?"

"Tell him Scott!" she shouted as Garrett started pulling the phone away. He pressed the end call button and stuffed it back in his pocket.

"Aw, isn't that cute? You're worried about your brother." Addy thought about yelling out to Liam. He had to be close by; there was no way Garrett would hide them on opposite sides of Beacon Hills. "He'll be able to hear you. Liam, that is. You just won't be able to hear him. You know, werewolf hearing and all."