Chapter Ten

Addison woke up with a sore head.

She was in her room, surprisingly. She thought maybe it was just a dream last night. It was kind of a blur for her, and the question if it was real stuck in her mind. Her large grey top and baggy shorts made her believe it was a dream, but then she looked at her phone.

There were tons of texts: most were from Liam and Scott.

'Are you okay?'

'I'm expecting an explanation'

'Don't worry your brother thinks you fell asleep during movie night'

'I'm picking you up in fifteen. Be ready'

Those were the ones that stood out the most, particularly the last one. It was from Scott, and it was sent eleven minutes ago, which means if he was true to his word, he would be there in four. Addy jumped out of bed and groaned as she got dizzy.

She shook it off and shoved on a pair of jeans that were on the floor and her Beacon Hills Lacrosse sweater. There was barely any time for her to put up her hair after she quickly brushed her teeth. Addy quietly jogged down the stairs. Her mother was sleeping after her shift last night.

"Where are you going?" It was Brayden who stood at the top of the stairs. It was the first time he talked to her since their fight. He read her note, but hadn't been able to talk to her since. He wanted to apologize for how he acted to her but knew that he had to do it in person not over text. She had been gone all night and he hadn't gotten the chance to. 

"Um, Scott texted me. He said it was important." Addy bit her lip. It was the truth, but she knew her brother would be mad. He himself said that he didn't like her hanging out with him and his friends because of how much they changed her. What he didn't know was that they were dealing with the supernatural side of Beacon Hills every time they were together. 

"Okay. Well, be careful." He shrugged, walking back to his room. Brayden figured that she wouldn't want to talk to him, when she was mad she could be made for days. He learned this the hard way growing up. 

"Brayden, wait!" He stopped at his door, and walked back to the top of the stairs. Addy was leaning against the railing, chewing at her nails. She debated whether or not to bring up their fight again or give it a few more days to cool off. "You know I didn't mean that, right? The other day? I was just angry, and, I just, I'm sorry."

Brayden walked down the staircase. He knew she felt guilty because of the note she left yesterday. He pulled Addy into a hug, which she quickly returned. She could always rely on him, but she just needed to remember it. Even if he didn't like Liam that much, he knew that he couldn't stop the two of them being friends. 

"Go. Just, whatever the hell you do, make good decisions, alright?"

Addy nodded, smiling at her big brother. It was his way of apologizing for his behavior the day before. The siblings hated apologizing to each other, not only because neither of them wanted to admit that they were wrong but because it reminded them of their fight once more.

Exiting the front door, she looked up to see Scott on his bike. He didn't look like he was in any rush, and somehow had a bit of a proud look on his face. She didn't think much of it and apologized for being late, "Hey, sorry I–"

"I understand," he cut her off. He heard the whole thing, and he also heard Addy mutter, 'Stupid werewolf hearing.' Scott chuckled, he really did like her. 

He tossed her a helmet, and she hopped on the dirt bike. She needed to ask him how she ended up back at her place, and what the hell happened last night. It was really just a blur for her once she got on the roof. She remembered the warmth, the fire that she had created around herself as protection.