1. Mai can sing?!?

Disclaimer: I do not own Ghost Hunt. And all songs belong to there own artists and writers.

FLASHBACK

Mai watched as her twin sister embraced Gene. Naru had relief written all over his face.  And the others all stood around them. Mai looked away, Naru had shot down her confession telling her that she had loved Gene and not him. Mai knew that they were all going to leave her, even her sister. She turned away and quietly left. Tears streaking down her face. The pain of her loss was unbearable. It was the second time in her life where the people she loved were leaving her. Mai quickly made her way back to her apartment. Her heart broke with every step she took. She knew that nothing could replace them. Mai was now a broken person. And that's when Mai felt the coldness unleash.

END FLASHBACK

(3 years latter)

Mia smiled at the girls behind her. She was standing backstage at one of her favorite clubs that she used to come to when she was younger. She looked out at the large audience. Her band "Damaged Hearts" had become internationally known. Not for their singles but for the covers of songs that they did. Mai smirked however it faltered when her eyes landed on the SPR team, along with her sister and what she could only guess to be Naru and Genes parents. Mai guessed Lin had told Naru and Gene everything, which made her nervous. Her band mates noticed.

"Mai are you alright?" Val asked. However when Mai didn't answer they all grew concerned.

The MC announced the band name. The girls ran out on stage. "Hey everyone, how are y'all doing tonight?" Mai called out. The crowd replied with a chorus of howls and shouts. She smiled. "We have quite the set lined up for tonight. Hope you guys enjoy!" Mai said. The table at the back turned there heads sharply towards the stage. (Play video in media box)

"I remember years ago someone told me I should take caution when it comes to love. I did -I did" The first words came out of Mai's mouth beautifully, her voice rang out loudly. And by the time the song was finished the whole entire crowd had gone silent. She then started the next song. A song called Salute. She had the audience and SPR in the palm of her hand. And she loved it.

Once Mai finished that song she waited as the crowd went crazy. She could see SPR looking at her trying to figure out who she was. She smiled again. " Our last song is dedicated to a friend of mine." Mai said. She saw the whole table tense. Her band mates began to play the beginning cords.

"The fear of falling up, oh-oh-oh-oh, uh-o-oh-oh-oh, this is a mirror, this is a mirror, oh-oh-oh-oh-uh-uh-oh-oh-oh, this is a mirror. If you love me let me go-oooo. " Mai sang. Fog swirled around her as the track began its new beat.
"Goo-oh-oh-oh-oh." Mai sang again as the girls backed her up singing "monsters creepers losers weepers". They all smiled as the shadow of Brendon from Panic! at the Disco came up behind Mai. As the two began singing in unison.

"Welcome to the end of eras, ice has melted back to life. Done my time and served my sentence. Dress me up and watch me die. If it feels good, tastes good it must be mine. Dynasty, decapitated you just might see a ghost tonight. And if you don't know now you know. I'm taking back the crown, I'm all dressed up and naked. I see what's mine and take it. Oh-oh yeah! The crown, so close I can taste it. I see what's mine and take it. Oh-oh yeah! Sick of men on velvet sofas, lavish mansions, vintage wines. I am so much more than royal, snatch your chain and meet your eyes. If it feels, good tastes good, it must be mine. Hero's always get remembered but you know legends never die. And if you don't know now you know. I'm taking back the crown, I'm all dressed up and naked, I see what's mine and take it. Oh-oh yeah! The crown, so close I can taste it, I see what's mine and take it. Oh-oh yeah!" Mai sang out. Then her chorus backed her up. "Oh-oh yeah-eh oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh! I'm taken back-back, taken back-back the crown, I'm all dressed up and naked. I see what's mine and take it. Oh-oh yeah! The crown, so close I can taste it, I see what's mine and take it. Oh-oh yeah!" Mai finished singing. As the lights went out. The crowd roared to life. She smiled. "Thank you everyone! My name is Mai Taniyama and we are Damaged Hearts. I hope y'all have a good night." Mai called out. Everyone at the SPR table looked at Mai like they were seeing the holy grail, even Mai's own twin. Brendon took Mai's hand and helped lead her to the back door. "Thanks for singing with us!" Mai said. Brendon smiled and nodded. Mai ran out the back door before any of her band mates or SPR could stop her. She could hear her name being called but did not turn around. However she did not know that her friends were in danger. She did not see those men go in.