7. Memory

Disclaimer: I do not own Ghost Hunt

Mai stopped the bus in front of the familiar mansion. She sighed as she got out of the bus. She scanned the tall brick walls that were covered in the long tangles of ivy. She fallowed the arches, points and curves of the structure, her eyes narrowing as she saw the small delicate yet crisp details of the house. The others stared at the brunette, they watched the way she took in the mansion before them with a careful eye. "Mai where are we?" Xou asked her sister shakily. Mai turned to the group. Her eyes filled with pain, regret and something that they could not recognize.

"This is the home of Naru and Gene's biological parents. This is the place were it all truly began. You all need to know what really happened in this house. And I will help you to unlock your memories of that day... it is time that the truth come's to light." Mai stated softly. She turned back to the house and began walking towards it. A red light began to burn brightly around Mai, her face twisted in pain as she felt the spell she had laid over the house working it's way through her, she knew she was the key to unlocking it and she knew that the pain of what was being held inside was going to affect them all. She continued walking, the pain increasing with each step. As she reached the sturdy cherry wood door, her hands were trembling from the struggle of the pain, her hands burned bright red as she touched the door, a scream of pain slipping through her lips as the spell that held the memories of those who had forgotten the past broke, she fell to one knee and clutched her chest as the memories broke free and returned to their owners. Everyone in the group tensed as memories of the incident came rushing back. Realizing that Mai's spell not only erased the memories of those present at the time of the incident, but that it made everyone forget the incident or what really happened during the incident. The groups eyes all consecutively widened. They looked at one another before turning towards the crumpled form on the porch. They watched the way she stood on shaky legs, the way her face contorted in pain. She opened the door and walked in the others fallowed her in. The smell of blood offended the groups senses. They fallowed the stumbling form into the library. The sight awaiting them was shocking to say the least.

"Mai what really happened here?" Naru asked the girl in front of him. She sighed softly before turning to look at Naru, her face was cold but her eyes were filled with pain. She walks over to a desk and places her palm on it.

" I ran in here after you had told me to go away, I left the three of you in the study. Martian and Luella were watching you three, So I went into the library to see what my parents were doing, they all were talking about something serious so I hid underneath this desk. Before I could listen in on their conversation those men came in. The knocked out our mothers and used them as leverage against our father's. They tied them up and drew pentagrams and spell circles all over the library with our parents blood. They left with them, they were still alive when they left.... I ran to go and find you guys, but you had all seen what had happened, Naru and Gene had awakened their abilities and protected Xou and the Davis's, when you all saw me you tried to call out to me, I ran out of the house and used a spell to block all your memories of that night, I took Xou and managed to stay with a friend and get enough money to move to Japan when we were ten. I later found out that our parents were killed on an island that our parents owned together... and that is where we are going." Mai ended. She looked away from Naru and ran out of the room and out of the house. She felt like the house had been suffocating her. She watched as the others fallowed her out in a daze. "That's all you need to know for now..." Mai states softly, she tosses the keys to Lin. "You drive, I'm sure you can get to the Davis mansion from here, right?" Her eyes were glued to Lin. He nodded. "Good I'll see you there then." Everyone looks at Mai in question.

"What about you?" Lin asks calmly. Mai smiles one of her real smiles.

"I've got my own ride." Mai say's with a smirk. She walk's over to a large bush and she pushes the foliage off of the covered object. She uncovers a Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14R Sportsbike. Everyone's mouths dropped. Monk walked quickly up to Mai. His face was a deep shade of red. Anger pooled out of him in hot streams.

"What the hell do you think your going to do with that Mai?" Monk seethed. Mai turned quickly her eyes dark. "Do you know how dangerous those things are Mai? You are not to ride on this, do you understand me?" Monk shouted. His eyed burned with pure rage, but Mai was already on the bike, her eyes burned with anger as she pulled her helmet on and started the bike. "Mai stop!"Monk shouted but she was already gone. Lin placed a hand on Monks shoulder.

"We can lecture her when we see her at the Davis Mansion, let's just go." Lin said softly. Monk nodded and got back on the bus. The other's fallowed suit. Lin settled in putting the key in the ignition and turning it feeling the bus start up he headed down the dirt road and found Mai waiting for them, she revved her bike and sped down the road with Lin fallowing her. The reached the highway, Mai knowing Lin now knew where to go sped off down the highway zigzagging through traffic. Mai reached the Davis Mansion within twenty minutes. She smiled at the security guard as she pulled into the garage.

"Mai is that you?" The cheery man stated. She laughs and nods. Just as the bus pulls up the security guard crushes Mai in a bear hug. Her laugh echoing off the walls. "Gosh I haven't seen you since the concert in London!" The man laughs again.

"Seem's the two of you know each other, care to explain?" Martian states firmly. Mai's face turns to that of stone in mere seconds.

"You never knew? She has been apart of your security detail for awhile now" The man states. His hand squeezing Mai's shoulder comfortingly.