5. Questions

Disclaimer: I do not own Ghost Hunt

"What should we do about this case Naru?" Masako asks quietly. Everyone looks at the quiet medium. "I mean according to the commander a private jet has already been booked for Fraxos Island... and we leave tomorrow... should we talk with Mai or... just leave it..?" Masako asks.

"We will talk to her when we pick her up to go to the air port." Martian states calmly. The others nod in agreement. Naru sighs. and looks around at the group.

"We never should have left... I can only assume when Mai cut her connections with us, her powers went dormant. She was only sixteen and was brave enough to refuse those men. She protected us even though we left her." Naru states. "How could we have left her like that?" He mutters more to himself. The others look down again.

"Commander Cain told us that those videos we saw were just the one's where they were taking it easy on her... and if that's the case then what she must have endured for us must have been absolutely inhumane. She did that for us... the people who betrayed her trust... that show's real loyalty right there." Gene say's. They all nod.

(Meanwhile at Mai's Penthouse Home)

"What a day..." Mai sigh's as she packs her bags. Knowing that the case could get lengthy, she makes sure to get everything. Mai looks around her penthouse, she walks over to her cell phone and picks it up. She looks at the screen with mixed feelings before relenting and calling her contacts. With each call she gets more and more concerned with the case.
"I guess we will have to stop in England" she sighs softly. She gets up from her packed bag and makes arrangements. She then walks into her bedroom and starts to take her cloths off.... It had been a long two days. She thought as she started taking her shirt off then bra, then black skinny jeans and finally her underwear. She walked into her large bathroom and looked into the mirror.... She pulled out the hair tie holding her bun in making it look like her hair hadn't grown much, but as soon as her hair was released it feel around her shoulders gracefully, the color had gotten darker with naturally red and silver and gold highlights that added more to the affect her hair gave. It gleamed with an essence of magic, she saw her now strong jawline in the reflection of the mirror, she saw her unnaturally pale skin and her full rosy lips, she saw her long lashes and beautiful brown eyes that seemed to hold an iridescence to them, she smiled softly at the reflection as her tattoos became visible. Mai let out a sigh as she stepped into her shower, she hummed softly to herself, as silent tears rolled down her cheeks, she let the shower seep into her, the heat felt good as she finished quickly, she slipped her P.J.'s on and crawled into bed. Her alarm was set and she was ready, her eyes closed slowly as sleep graced itself upon her quickly. But this sleep would be very fitful for the young woman.

(The next morning because your not going to hear about her dream yet)

Mai awoke right before her alarm rang out to her. She walked into her bathroom without looking in the mirror already aware of what she would see. She showered and dressed quickly, her pale blue distressed high-rise jeans fit her perfectly, hugging her now womanly body gracefully. She slipped on a very dark burgundy shirt that hung loosely about her exposing her toned abdomen slightly, she slipped her leather jacket and black and dark red plaid converse on and grabbed her packed bags. She sighed as she walked to the door knowing who was there and what there reactions would be. Mai opened the door before Yasu could knock. She stood there proudly with her hair back up in a bun. She saw John blush, Yasu had a look of pure shock, Lin and Monk looked ready to murder someone, and Gene and Naru were standing there wide eyed and innocent looking. Mai smirked slightly as she quickly brushed past the group after locking her door and grabbing her bags, Mai quickly walked to the elevator and whistled at the emotionally confused men.
"Well are you going to just stand there or are you going to come with me?" She said with amusement. The men quickly fallowed her into the elevator and packed her bags into the ladies van, of which Madoka was driving. However instead of letting Mai in with the other girls they ushered her into there van. Mai sighed quietly and got in without protest. She knew that there would be questions and she had answers. And those answers were sure to make them all shut up very quickly. Mai buckled up and waited for Lin to start driving. The van stayed in silence until they hit the highway. Mai heard Yasu cough and looked over at John waiting for him to begin. John looked surprised at first but swallowed his nerves and asked the first question.
"So Mai... Where are we heading to?" The bashful yet now very manly priest asked. Mai looked at him for a moment before answering.
"First we fly to England to get some basic information about the island, we also have to attend a party, a masquerade ball... Unfortunately, however we will meet some of the people who have been living on the island. We will then travel to the island itself. The island is called Fraxos." Mai said in a very bored yet business like tone. John nodded. Yasu looked at him in disbelief.
"Alright enough with those questions, time to ask what we really want to ask." Yasu said firmly. Mai sighed softly but looked at him waiting. "Okay, why protect us? " He said seriously, but Mai could tell the pain and regret in his eyes.
"Because you are my family, I already lost one, I don't need to lose another." Mai looked at Yasu the whole time she spoke. She then looked up at Monk and waited for his question.
"Why wouldn't you tell them, what exactly did you endure in that one year of torture?" Monk asked softly. He saw pain flash through her eyes as she cleared her throat.
"I endured psychological trauma, physical trauma due to brutal beatings and very inhumane ways of torture,  emotional trauma. But the torture was not that one year... No I have endured my pain ever since you all left. And my answer to your first question Monk is the same answer I gave Yasu ." Mai stated this with a strong tone filled with pain.
"What is the full extent if your abilities?" Mai turned to face Lin.
"You will find out soon enough..." Mai stated slowly. She then looked at the twin on either side of her.
"What really happened the last day we all saw you Mai?" Naru and Gene asked at once. Mai stiffened and looked at them.
"I knew where you were Gene, so I led Naru and the others to the lake. Naru and Lin tried to stop me from diving into the lake. But I couldn't stop myself. I knew you were there and I knew that you didn't have much longer. I also knew that you would make my sister happy. So I found you quickly, I opened the body bag and awakened you from your slumber, the power surge pushed us to the surface. I pulled you to shore were my sister hugged you while Naru and Lin made sure you were alright. After that Naru wanted to speak with me. I confessed my feelings for him, but he thought I truly loved you Gene, even though it was my twin who really loved Gene. I was then told by my twin Xou that I was a liar and that I always knew where Gene was and that I had been keeping his location secret just to watch you suffer. All that finally made me understand that you were all going to leave and that you would not look for me if I left. So I ran. I ran all the way back to the office, I packed everything for you and disappeared. The next day my friends wanted me to hang out with them, I agreed grudgingly and went with them, as we walked by the ally behind the office, we were attacked by men. I was able to escape, but not before those men... No, not men, but monsters executed my friends in front of me. After that you basically know what happened.." Mai finished shakily but she did not look at any of them. She sighed as they pulled up to the airport.