It's a Cinderella

It had been a long time since Athena felt a distinct emotion aside from tiredness or even an ounce of happiness. The years had been long and hard on her, and still it felt like it was yesterday when she had Percy by her side with his wonderful smile and his bright eyes.

Her heart still clenched at the thought of him, and she was sure it wouldn't go away for a very long time.

"Are you ready?" Aphrodite asked, the beautiful goddess looking tired herself.

Athena knew that the other Olympians had taken Percy's death hard, perhaps even as hard as she had (though she loathed to admit it because she was the one who loved him and had been loved by him, even if she hadn't appreciated it).

"I've lived some years as a 16 year old by now," Athena shrugged slightly. "But it was bearable because I didn't have to go out so much, and kept to myself. Rosemarie is...16 now, isn't she?"

Aphrodite nodded. "She is. She's even attending Percy's old high school."

Athena flinched at that, because she wasn't sure if she could handle that.

"Are you going to approach her?" Aphrodite asked her curiously.

Athena hesitated, but thought about it. "I...I know I shouldn't. And I know everyone thinks I shouldn't and it would be best if I stayed away. But I...I want to talk to her."

"For what purpose?" Aphrodite asked suddenly, looking too serious to be like how she normally was around others.

Athena stayed quiet and Aphrodite didn't push it.

"Do you think we'll see him again?" Athena asked quietly, adjusting her clothes and grabbing her backpack.

"Yes," Aphrodite said with conviction. "Maybe it'll take centuries. Maybe it'll take reincarnation, especially if it'll take that long. But I believe that we will."

Athena almost wanted to ask if, when they did, Aphrodite would do her best to win Percy over, keep him from Athena this time around. Athena knew that, like the others, Aphrodite had cared and loved Percy like he meant the universe to them, and that nothing should or would exist without him. She also knew that they all blamed her for his loss.

She blamed herself too.

"Good luck," Aphrodite did her best to sound and look as cheery as she used to be. "I think you'll need it. I'm sure life as a teenager in high school won't be an easy time."

"Thanks," Athena murmured, gripping her backpack's strap. She took a deep breath before turning to the Goddess of Love and forcing a small smile on her face. And then she walked out of the small apartment she'd been living in, and headed her way to the school bus that would take her to her new school for the next four years, so long as Rosemarie Blofis was alive and studying there.

~*~*~

Rosemarie was excited. This was the school her brother had attended and her father had taught at. Now she was going to be there too! Goode High School was filled with students and she wondered if she was going to make any friends her first day there.

"H-hello?" she heard someone and she turned to find a classic beauty smiling hesitantly at her.

"Oh! Are you...are you talking to me?" Rosemarie asked shyly, trying not to show just how excited she was.

"Yes," the other girl straightened up, becoming a little more confident in approaching her. "I'm A-ah, Elena," the girl introduced herself, her gray eyes wary.

She was shy too, so it made Rosemarie feel a little better about talking and a little more confident. "I'm Rosemarie," she smiled brightly. "I'm a Freshman."