And It's Come to This

Graduation had seemed so far off. And it had been.

Only time seemed to have rushed and now Percy was graduating and would soon be off to college. So where did that leave her? Did she go through with her tentative plans and thoughts about asking him to move in with her? Did she hold off on that, feeling it too soon for such a thing?

At that moment, she did not feel as wise and knowledgeable as she was supposed to be.

The feel of rough, calloused hands gliding through her hair, made her eyes flutter and she tilted her head back to enjoy the sensation. Percy hummed against her throat, giving a light kiss to it.

“You’re thinking.”

“I always am,” her lips twitched up.

Percy rolled his eyes lightly, though his thumbs caressed her temples.

“Can I ask what about?” he murmured.

She hesitated, but then told herself that she should tell him. It was always a good thing in a relationship to talk things together, so the wisest course for her to take was to talk to him about it. It did involve him after all.

Afterwards, Percy looked thoughtful.

“You know…I wouldn’t mind. If I’m not infringing on you, that is,” he gave a rather shy smile at her at that, and she couldn’t help feeling endeared.

“Of course not,” she returned it with a small smile. “I…I would like it. If you moved in with me.”

Percy gave her one of his brightest smiles and it made her heart feel light and happy.

“Perseus…Percy,” here, she could see his beautiful sea-green eyes light up. She reminded herself to try to use his preferred shortened name more, and took a deep breath. “When…would you like to move in with me?”

“Whenever you want me to.”

And she couldn’t help leaning over and kissing him lightly, because this was something that she’d never done before and this thing with him was new… and exciting, if she could admit it to herself.

By the end of the week, she had managed to discreetly help Percy move into her home in Olympus, and she was actually excited and thrilled at this new development in their relationship. She knew that what they had was progressing slowly, and that she was worried that Percy would get fed up or grow bored of it…but she’d been wrong so far, and Percy had steadfastly kept loyal and happily to her side.

Of all the goddesses he could have had, even narcissistic but beautiful Aphrodite, it was she that he had chosen to be with. Even the eternal maiden Artemis would not mind breaking her vows for him, or so the rumors say.

Ordinarily, Athena wouldn’t listen to rumors, but the strange and threateningly (to Athena, though the other didn’t know it) look in Artemis’ eyes whenever Percy was brought up or mentioned in some way made the wise goddess wary.