Chapter Fifteen

Emmi
Today mom and dad are taking me home! I haven't left the hospital bed in three months. The crash had a big effect on me. I lost the use of my legs for a long time, some hearing loss in my right ear and a scar right next to my eye. I have short, boy like hair. I don't mind.
Mom helped me get dressed. It sucks not being able to walk. I can't run or walk to use the bathroom. I need to be carried. Mom got me dressed in black leggings, a white tank top and a cute cardigan. Mom tied my gym shoes for me. She took my hands and helped me so my feet dangled off the bed. It made me sad, knowing I could take a year to walk again.. We waited patiently for my wheel chair. Mom told me it's really cool. Dad walked in and handed me a bag of Tootsie Roll suckers, my favorite.
"For my precious little girl!" Dad says. I smile and pop one in my mouth. Everyone knows that I have a sweet tooth. Nurse Jacky walks in with my wheel chair. I beam a it. It has purple handles and bars. On the top it has Emmi Butler written.
"Cool!" Jacky rolls it to me. She holds pit her hand. I take it. I take mom's other hand.
"Come on Em." Mom says. I bite my lip. I try. I can't feel my legs. The only support I have is Jacky and mom. I fall back on to the bed. I want to cry in frustration. I don't though. That little melody plays in my head. I shrug and smile.
"There's always tomorrow I say" Mom smiles. Dad lifts in and buckles it. Mom wheels me out to a surprise. Almost all the nurses and doctors stand outside. A banner reads: Congratulations Emmi! I grin from ear to ear. The have little part confetti poppets. They cheer and and send confetti everywhere as I get wheeled down the hall. Mom and dad are crying. They hug staff as they go. As we leave, I feel a wave of happiness. Mom pushes me to the car. Dad lifts me out and puts me in my seat. I buckle up as mom folds and puts the wheel chair in the back. Dad starts driving. I wince as the sunshine fills my eyes. When we arrive, my siblings are sitting in the front. They run to meet us. Dad lifts me out and sets me in my wheel chair. I'm tackled with hugs and welcome backs. Finally we go in. My siblings are all speaking at once. Daxton is standing inside. He runs to great me.
"I missed you." He says.
"I missed you too buddy." I say. After another round of kisses I announce I want to go to my room. Mom nods and takes me.
She shows me how to move on my own. Soon I'm a master. I go to my desk and write in my journal. I write about everything. At the end I write, Life is one crazy ride, hold on with all your might.